Tablets Just played with a Microsoft Surface today...

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by XboxMySocks, Apr 29, 2013.

1. macrumors 68020

XboxMySocks

Does the charger look familiar to anyone else?!

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors demi-god

xraydoc

Apple also has applied for a patent on a MagSafe-like device with power and data connectivity. It was a news post here like a year ago or so. I wonder which (MS or Apple) was first.

4. macrumors 68040

Dr McKay

Surely Apple patented a specific type/method of magsafe, perhaps MS's is different.

5. macrumors 6502a

The shock! The horror! oh wait, it's a power/data connector. :p

6. macrumors 68030

blackhand1001

That magnetic type plug was used in older Japanese appliances years before apple used it.

7. macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

But what did you think if the device itself? Honestly, it looks fairly neat to me and every time someone uses one, they dance. I want to dance.

8. macrumors regular

Just ran into someone using a Surface RT and asked how he liked it. He said he likes it and its really useful for him. Then I pulled out my Samsung Ativ 500T and we broke out in dance.

I gotta say the Surface being used with the touch cover looks way slicker than an iPad.

9. macrumors 6502

AC Rempt

The problem with the connector is that isn't enough like the MagSafe connector. When the MagSafe gets into range, it's drawn to the computer, making it a great deal easier to plug in. With the Surface, I really have to maneuver the connector just right for it to snap into place.

It's ironic that they taut how easily the keyboards snap into place when I rarely remove me, but the power cord gets lots of use.

10. macrumors regular

Yeah that was a big issue people had with the RT version. Ive heard the Pro is better, but I dunno how they missed that detail when they made such a big deal about the keyboard magnets, as you mentioned.

11. macrumors 65816

Yep, I have same issue. Nothing more frustrating than a computer that's runs out of power when you think you have it plugged in.