Just pre-ordered my Wii..

Discussion in 'Games' started by bigjimbob, Nov 28, 2006.

1. bigjimbob macrumors member

I'm in Aus and the release is 7th dec, all your positive talk pushed me to bite the bullet and pre-ordered a Wii.

It was scheduled to come with (free) GT pro series 2.. but apparently the demand for pre-orders greatly exceeded stock availability and they've run out of it.

So they're offering 4x4 monster truck instead - anybody got any experience with this game? I heard it's rubbish so i might try and return it to some shop after christmas to get a store credit and get a better game... Does this sound like a sane thing to do?

2. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

8 days to go eh. Excited? I was going to get the Wii but ended up with the 360 instead. Still looks pretty nifty

3. bigjimbob thread starter macrumors member

Yeah if i was going to go serious gaming system - i'd get a PS3 over 360... but it's not worth waiting till march (when they'll be likely bugs and the like)..

and I figured that I could get my girlfriend and family involved in the Wii (sports and Rayman and that kinda stuff) AND it's cheaper. might keep it for a year and upgrade to PS3? or keep both.. who knows...

But there is interest building. Myer has already sold all of the systems that they'd put aside for pre-order. they're now eating into the stock they had for launch day - but apparently they've got a good deal with nintendo who will make sure they've got a good 500 out the back (in syd CBD) on dec 8 (or 7 or whenever it is)

4. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

My family loves the Wii and so does every girl that I've played it with. Me and my friends honestly can just play tennis and bowling for hours. My parents are actually great at it too and they're the type of people who usually can't play video games to save their lives.

Daniel.

5. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

It's funny. I didn't think much of the Wii, but I keep hearing good things about it...

6. BurtonCCC macrumors 65816

BurtonCCC

I find it funny too how it's exactly the opposite with most people. The Wii's turning out incredibly and the PS3 is a total piece.

Daniel.

7. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

My cousin is going to get a Wii so I suppose I will get my "Wii fix" at his house :D I never could cope well with more than one console so I will stick with my 360