Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AndreaB13

macrumors member
Apr 24, 2016
It's 14 days for return, not 1 month. One month is only for a price cut, in that case you have 1 month to request a refund for the difference (not a product change).
The 14 days rule however it's only applicable to base models, if you have added some option ram, hdd ecc... you cannot return it even after one day.

Reactions: Synchro3

thats all folks

macrumors 6502a
Dec 20, 2013
Austin (supposedly in Texas)
and this is why Apple can continue to offer a 3 year old machine for sale as new at a cost that in no way reflects the current value of its parts. people keep buying it.

some folks track the progress and cost of every individual component, carefully weighing value vs performance vs future viability. and some folks have a credit card and desire.

ITguy2016

Suspended
May 25, 2016
and this is why Apple can continue to offer a 3 year old machine for sale as new at a cost that in no way reflects the current value of its parts. people keep buying it.

some folks track the progress and cost of every individual component, carefully weighing value vs performance vs future viability. and some folks have a credit card and desire.
IMO if a new system, even if it is based off of three year old technology, provides a positive ROI then it makes sense to purchase the new, even if outdated, system.

I'm sure the OP is aware the technology is older but Apple is the only game in town when it comes to the Macintosh. If his workflow is dependent on the Macintosh he has no other options. Having said that given the lack of upgrades or communication about the future of the Mac Pro if my business relied on the Macintosh platform I'd been investigating moving to an alternative platform.

loby

macrumors 68000
Jul 1, 2010

It is not just that. Some of us use it for work and we are forced to buy to meet the workload requirements. Unless we migrate to the Windows plateform we have little choice.

Reactions: Flint Ironstag

Average Pro

macrumors 6502
Jul 16, 2013
Cali
If the current model fulfills your requirement(s), congrats. I purchased mine late 2013 / early 2014 and won't require a replacement for at least another 2-3 years.

Enjoy your new computer.

Reactions: pat500000
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.