Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Uliman

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
I'm a PC guy from way back in the DOS days before Microsoft was even a twinkle in someone's eye. 3 years ago exactly I finally purchased a Macbook Pro; immediately upgraded to a 500gb 7200 HDD and 8gb of RAM. Best laptop I've ever owned with not one problem. And I've owned about a dozen laptops now.

Been eying the MBA 2012 version since they came out but I'm on a 3 year cycle where I can only replace every 3 years. I wanted to wait until Sep 2013 to get the new MBA seeing how this one is almost 1 year old but decided to go for it. I will still buy the Sep 13 (or whenever they come out) version and then give my 19 year old son (he is already drooling - he's got a MBPro just like mine) the MBA 2012. He will be happy, I'm certain.

Anyway here is what I purchased from Apple Store:

Refurb
i7
256 SSD
8gb Ram

QUESTION (yes there is one): does the 14 day return policy apply to refurbs also? the website is not clear on this

Thanks

B...

macrumors 68000
Mar 7, 2013
Certainly does! You get the same 14-day return (not in-store), and the same one year warantee. ou might even get a free upgrade (i7 when you ordered i5, 8 GB RAM instead of 4).

You do not get the pretty white box, though. :(

golfleep

macrumors newbie
Feb 19, 2013
It's the same 14 day return window as any other apple purchase. I've returned refurbs both through the online return process as well as bringing it directly to an Apple store. No problem or hassle either time, and if you return to the Apple store, the refund is processed immediately.

Uliman

macrumors member
Original poster
Mar 23, 2010
Way back in the DOS days? As in Microsoft DOS?
pre-windows I should have specified!! used to run this windows emulator on DOS before MS came out with Windows; probably around 83 or so; amazing what has happened in 30 years

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.