JUST received my 17" PB... whats a good keyboard?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by vwcruisn, Jul 2, 2003.

1. macrumors regular

I Just got my 17" PB today... soooo nice (cept for a dead pixel :mad: ), anyway, Im looking to pick up a keyboard (usb is fine). Anything nice out there aside from the apple pro? thanks, jason

2. macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

Why an additional one?...Just asking

3. macrumors 65816

maradong

the "Apple keyboard" ;-)
    thought that is the new "Apple Pro keyboad" ;-)

4. thread starter macrumors regular

im going to set it up at home with an external mouse and keyboard and all my other peripherals going to a usb hub... so when i use it at home.. i just pop in a usb cable and the power cable and its like a portable desktop.

5. macrumors 6502a

Not that it's a dumb question, but I think it's impossible to answer -- everyone has a different opinion about what constitutes a good keyboard. Personally, I think the two best keyboards ever made are the Apple Pro and the one built into the 12/17" PBs. The new PB keyboard is so good that I'd never even think about plugging a different one into it, but that's just me.

6. macrumors 6502a

i agree, my fav keyboard is the apple extended.
    but i bet a wireless one and mouse 5buttons and scroll wheel, will be better for you.

7. macrumors 6502

8. macrumors 68000

Daveman Deluxe

Personally, I like the old Apple Pro Keyboard. I have one for my iBook. I can't stand the new Apple Keyboard because they tilt up (REALLY bad for the wrists) and you can't leave them flat like you could with the old keyboards. I'd try to pick up an Apple Pro Keyboard somehow if you can.