Just reinstalled and went back to 10.2.6...

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by CrackedButter, Sep 30, 2003.

1. CrackedButter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

...and boy is it a breath of fresh air for me.

I doubt its because of what happened with the 10.2.8 update but everything seems so much faster even with simple things like scrolling with safari with the roller button. Nothing at the moment feels sluggish.

Having broadband helps what with the Software Updates.

I also must praise the Backup program, i had backed up all my bookmarks and itunes playlists. At one point i had thought i had lost the playlists and i have nearly 20 and as we all know losing them is a bitch.

Anyway i have reinstalled everything within the time i re calabrated my battery, its so effortless with OSX. Unlike all the times when trying to format and install windows. Then installing from multiple disks and then setting up preferences all over again. I'm glad a i got iDisk now and i'm happy i bought a mac in the first place!

Also since i now have .mac, (unlike the last time when I reinstalled everything) i filled in the .mac details and BAM! Internet is setup and i didn't realise this before but i can use iChat now. I never used it prior and i thought you needed to be with AOL or something silly like that. Anyway i've not managed to connect to other mac users (it seems none of you lot use ICQ) :) because of this, now i can!

I feel such a newbie and i'm happy about it, its good to learn new stuff!

2. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

Gr8!

Did you archive and install, or wiped the disk?

3. CrackedButter thread starter macrumors 68040

CrackedButter

Backed everything onto my ipod and formatted it.

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

The real Mac way....

Using the iPod.. sounds cool, doesn't it! :)