Just renewed .Mac

Discussion in 'macOS' started by 7on, Jan 15, 2007.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

So I just renewed my .Mac subscription. I know there will be nay-sayers who will be "but OMFG there are free ones out there!!11" but I've always found the email nice and the storage is pretty easy to get to from any macintosh. I also use them for web hosting (I don't need any crazy scripting, though I wish .htaccess was editable). Anyway, are there any rumors about Apple potentially improving .Mac? I was sorta pissed about them going with Yahoo with the iPhone. But other than that are we to expect more capacity? faster speed? more apps?

2. oceanmonster macrumors regular

I think that there will be some updates to come to .mac in the next year. I am really hopeing that they will integrate the .mac web mail and iDisk so that you can attach files from your iDisk without having to download that file first (Especially when you are not on your own computer). I would also like built in iChat similar to what Google did with their Google Talk function in Gmail. I think that the with the new .mac mail user interface and address book interface it is possible that apple will update more features in .mac.

3. bbergie macrumors regular

bbergie

Thanks for the reminder. My subscription runs out in 9 days; I better renew soon, then.

BTW, I haven't heard any rumours about .Mac, but I find myself content with the service and price. That's not say, however, that I wouldn't welcome enhancements and new services. :)

4. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

yeah I'm content too, but more stuff is always better

5. aristobrat macrumors G4

I'm happy with the current stuff, I just wish webmail was more snappier.

Having just switched from gmail (which has a web interface that is fast as heck), .Mac's web interface seems to drag sometimes. :)

6. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

If only you could buy the web mail service only. I never really use the online storage. It's just far too slow for larger stuff.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I renewed by mistake. I was away when the warning came through and came back to an email simply telling me it had automatically renewed. I know I could go back and stop it but I can't be bothered. It's semi useful. :)