Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
No iPhone has oomph. Why would you expect that?

The huge difference is that the sound is now projected both down and forward. I always hated the fact that the speakers faced away from the person and that I had to cup the end to hear better.

You're right. Maybe I can say the 6s sounds more "rich". Whatever the word, louder doesn't equal better in the case of the 7.

Reactions: sunking101

retroboomin

macrumors regular
Sep 1, 2014
Returned my 7 today and picked up a 6s plus. This is my first crack at a plus sized device and I absolutely love it.
Considering canceling my iPhone 7 and get a 6s plus
[doublepost=1474468900][/doublepost]
Whatever works for you. At least you are part of the Apple family. I expect a great iPhone 8 next year.
This the new apple were dealing with not Samsung. Prepare to be disappointed for i8

bbarras

macrumors newbie
Jul 15, 2010
i just returned the 7+black 32 GB for the 7(4.7) 128 GB. the screen and display of the + was fantastic but i just didn't care for the feel, the functionality and overall, size of the plus. just to used to the 4.7. i may regret it, but it's just a phone and i heard APPLE may be doing a new one next year :)

Knowlege Bomb

macrumors G4
Feb 14, 2008
US
Considering canceling my iPhone 7 and get a 6s plus

Have you had a plus before? Many find the size unwieldy but I knew I preferred it less than a minute after taking it out of the box.

I've had every model on launch day and this is the first time that I've definitively known that upgrading was a mistake. Go for the exchange. You won't be sorry.

pjarvi

macrumors 65816
Jan 11, 2006
Clovis, CA
Plus the intentional delay after clicking the home button that was introduced in the 7 makes it feel slower and laggier.

That is a feature of iOS 10 which can be turned off in Settings and is not a "part" of the iPhone 7. You will experience the same when you upgrade your 6S to iOS 10 unless you turn off the setting.

Reactions: Night Spring

jaypr

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2013
This thread should be called the buyers remorse thread.

iPhone 7 rumours come out throughout the year, then Apple have a keynote and tells you how wonderful the new iPhone 7 will be and whips everyone into a frenzy.

Everyone is then is desperate rush to be the first to get their amazing new iPhone and when it arrives they unbox it and hold it in their hands and can say to everyone "yes, I'm one of the first to own an iPhone 7".

Soon after, they restore the backup from their current iPhone 6 or 6s, put in a case and realise there is minimal difference between their new phone 7 and their old one. Then they see how much it cost and quickly try to come up with a valid reason why they can return it.

After the initial unboxing, holding and tinkering, the excitement quickly wears off and buyers remorse kicks in.

pixel_junkie

macrumors 6502
Oct 31, 2015

iPhone 7 rumours come out throughout the year, then Apple have a keynote and tells you how wonderful the new iPhone 7 will be and whips everyone into a frenzy.

Everyone is then is desperate rush to be the first to get their amazing new iPhone and when it arrives they unbox it and hold it in their hands and can say to everyone "yes, I'm one of the first to own an iPhone 7".

Soon after, they restore the backup from their current iPhone 6 or 6s, put in a case and realise there is minimal difference between their new phone 7 and their old one. Then they see how much it cost and quickly try to come up with a valid reason why they can return it.

After the initial unboxing, holding and tinkering, the excitement quickly wears off and buyers remorse kicks in.

That's true but if this year's version was all that and a bag of chips as it shoulda been, there would have been much less byers remorse.

meagain

macrumors 68030
Nov 18, 2006

Um - no. And I for one don't appreciate the disparagement.
There are issues with unnatural colors with photos/video, yellow screen, home button issues with gloves, etc.

Reactions: janeauburn

imlynxy

macrumors 65816
Mar 8, 2012
My iPhones officially returned due to hiss noise and white noise on camera. Apple is loosing its quality. They fix it, I buy it. If not, I go with Galaxy S8 in April.

Reactions: ABC5S

P0stalTek

Suspended
Feb 25, 2011
My iPhones officially returned due to hiss noise and white noise on camera. Apple is loosing its quality. They fix it, I buy it. If not, I go with Galaxy S8 in April.

Exploding batteries scare me more than any noise issues. However, I do not say that to downplay the annoyance you feel. If you are unhappy, you should vote with your dollar so I don't blame you one bit.

I'm not really a video taking guy and I got the smaller one so I am loving the quality of my 7.

KillaMac

Suspended
May 25, 2013
Exploding batteries scare me more than any noise issues. However, I do not say that to downplay the annoyance you feel. If you are unhappy, you should vote with your dollar so I don't blame you one bit.

I'm not really a video taking guy and I got the smaller one so I am loving the quality of my 7.

Just put a case on it, then you really can't hear it any more.

jaypr

macrumors member
Oct 30, 2013
Um - no. And I for one don't appreciate the disparagement.
There are issues with unnatural colors with photos/video, yellow screen, home button issues with gloves, etc.

These are all niggles/gripes that happen every time Apple release a phone and lots are blown out of proportion fuelled by news outlets looking for a story.

In fact, just look back to the 6s release and you'll find thread with similar problems.

Here's one about unnatural colours/saturation on the iPhone 5 when it was released in 2012
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/iphone-5-color-saturation.1450985/

Here's one about yellow screens for the 6s from September 2015
https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/6s-yellow-tint.1921046/

There's a "yellowgate" "bendgate" "antennagate", "compassgate" every year and this year is no different. If you purchase an iPhone 7 on release you're an early adopter and with that comes these so called issues. The phone has been out a week yet and iOS 10 hasn't been out for long either. If your looking for a perfect product on release day, you're going to be a very unhappy person.

Reactions: nj1266 and akash.nu

BeeGood

macrumors 68000
Sep 15, 2013
Lot 23E. Somewhere in Georgia.
Thought I'd resurrect this thread and add myself to the list. Yesterday was day 12 of using the iPhone 7+ and I'll be shipping it off tonight.

There's nothing wrong with my 7+. Yes, it click/creaks and yes I can hear the buzzing on the back, but those aren't an issue for me really. The 7+ just isn't that much better than the 6s+.

Yes, it's water resistant, but after watching some tear down videos of how it's water protected, I haven't changed my behavior. I still wouldn't go swimming with it and I've changed my mind about showering with it.

Yes, it has a better camera and telephoto lense, but I really haven't used it for anything other than testing it out.

Yes, it's got great battery life, but my 6s+ is right there with it.

Yes, it's fast. But the the 6s+ is faster than pretty much everything except the 7+

In summary, It's just not worth going from the 6s+ To the 7+ IMO. That's not a knock against the 7, that's a testament to how outstanding the 6s+ is.

Reactions: JustJoshua and mrex

kre62

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Jul 12, 2010
That is a feature of iOS 10 which can be turned off in Settings and is not a "part" of the iPhone 7. You will experience the same when you upgrade your 6S to iOS 10 unless you turn off the setting.

Whats this setting you speak of?

Night Spring

macrumors G5
Jul 17, 2008
Whats this setting you speak of?

Settings > Accessibility > Home Button > Rest Finger to Open.

Turn this on, and instead of clicking home button twice to unlock, you can click once and then keep your finger on the home button for it to read your fingerprint and unlock, like it did under iOS 9.

Reactions: mtnmac26
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.