just saw the incredibles

Discussion in 'Community' started by wrc fan, Nov 1, 2004.

1. wrc fan macrumors 65816

wrc fan

In a world where LPs are made like pancakes
    I got to go to a screening of The Incredibles today, and I have to say I was plesantly surprised. It was a rather good movie. I don't think it was as good as Monsters, Inc. but I think it's better than Finding Nemo. Even if you don't think it better than either of the two, it's better than most of the other films being released lately.

2. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Sweet.

I just saw Monsters Inc for the 1st time 2 months ago, and it was fantastic. I saw Finding Nemo 6 months ago, and since ever person/girl told me it was the best movie ever, it was so hyped up that I actually thought it was quite overrated. Not bad, but not as good as I had hoped. Monsters Inc was definitely a cute film. :)

If The Incredibles is anywhere as good as either film, it'll be great. This is like comparing greatness to greatness....it's just hard.

3. strider42 macrumors 65816

strider42

I liked finding nemo better than monsters inc personally. Ellen degeneres's annoying voice not withstanding. I think the incredibles will be more my type of movie than monsters inc (which I did like), so I'm looking forward to it.

4. wrc fan thread starter macrumors 65816

wrc fan

Yeah, I tink the incredibles is targeted at a bit older audience than the other two (though not much, heh). It has a sorta nostalgic feel to it that makes you reminisce about growing up watching saturday morning cartoons.

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

I f***ing loved The Incredibles. It is my favorite one by far. Yes I loved all the others, but like the person said earlier, it felt more for an older crowd. The animation was amazing, the action, the characters, just so awesome. And once again, the movie ends and you realize the thing that Pixar really captured you on was the story. Kids are going to want to be seeing this over and over and over. I even might go see it again.

Also, one small thing I noticed. I watched the credits all the way through and it said Rendering Farm through Intel. Didn't Apple switch to G5's for the rendering farm, or was that never finalized?

iJon

6. russed macrumors 68000

russed

they were talking about the incredibles on the radion 1 breakfast show the other day and the description of they said was:

"the incredibles, its incredible!"

i dont think you could get much better than that for a simple review!

7. thecow macrumors 6502

I just saw it yesterday and it was awesome!!!!

8. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

I'm seeing it this weekend. Some critic in our newspaper always gives things a horrible rating. (Monsters Inc. was 2 stars, if I remember right) So my dad and I always tack on a few extra stars to get the "real" rating. Well he have The Incredibles ***! (3 stars ;))

I am excited!

9. wrc fan thread starter macrumors 65816

wrc fan

I believe the render farm is a bunch a Intel blades. And even if they switched to G5s, it didn't start till last summer, so The incredibles was most-likely being done on the current machines they had, with the G5s to be used on the next movie.

edit: Found an article on their renderfarm. As you can see, The Incredibles was the first movie to be rendered on it.

10. HiRez macrumors 603

HiRez

I think they're switching over a bunch of their content creation (production) machines to G5s, but I haven't heard anything about using them for the render farm.

11. iAmAzN macrumors 6502

i loved The Incredibles also! IMO i think it is better than Finding Nemo. I have yet to see Monsters Inc. though. what was your favorite character in there? Although he didn't do much, I like the baby Jack-Jack (is that his name?) hehe :D

12. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

The Incredibles Rocks. My entire apartment +1 went to see it (6 People). We all loved. Afterwards, one made the comment, "Can Pixar do Anything Wrong?" And it hit me the TPTB (read Steve and John) must have a great ability to predict the ability of an idea to take off. Of course, they make sure they have the best ideas, because taking all that time for a crappy idea is what gets studios, directors, and companies in general in trouble.

I am so looking forward to "Cars" expecially Larry The Cable Guy as the bucktoothed Tow Truck. It will be an awesome movie.

BTW, I was reading a few days ago that Star Wars: Episode III's trail was going to be played in the set before "The Incredibles" but here It wasn't. Anyone see it then? Or were you also shut out?

TEG

13. Uuugggg macrumors newbie

Aieee, Monster's Inc and Finding Nemo were horrendously boring kiddie movies. The Incredibles was actually good. Sometimes predictable, (and I can't believe how much people laughed at stuff that was in trailers), but lots of hilarity. Go see it.

14. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

Just Saw it!!

They showed the trailor for Episode III when I saw The Incredibles.

All I have to say is that movie was great! Visually it was just amazing, Pixar definitely knows what they are doing. This movie didn't have the one liner jokes the other movies ( Finding Nemo, Monsters Inc) had, it was more the situation was funny. I don't want to give an example so I don't blow it for someone else. People who saw it will know what I mean.Everyone should see it.

15. agreenster macrumors 68000

agreenster

I just saw it too and it blew my mind!!! Unbelievable.

And no, their renderfarm is Intel. Some workstations are G5's, but they're a mixed shop of OSX and Linux PC's.

16. ferratus macrumors member

Yeah, I saw it last night and I thought it was pretty good. I haven't seen Nemo yet but I did like Monster's so I was expecting a good movie and I wasn't disapointed. Overall, the quality of the animation, the good story, the great characters -- everything works.

I'll probably go see it once more...

17. 7on macrumors 601

7on

just awesomely wow.

Sam Jackson was cool too ;P

--lol I made a funny.

18. Mechcozmo macrumors 603

Mechcozmo

19. madmaxmedia macrumors 68030

If you liked the Incredibles, you should also check out The Iron Giant. It's a regular animated movie by Brad Bird, the guy who wrote and was basically behind the Incredibles.

20. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

I notice a trend of people not liking "Finding Nemo" or at least finding it overrated. As did I.

For whatever reason, it kind of seems to be a "chick flick", believe it or not. By which I mean women seem to love it, and men really aren't that impressed.

I really want to see "The Incredibles", though. If it's anywhere as good as the trailer, it'll be great.

21. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Which particular kind of woman?
    Not this cynical, stone-hearted one, that's for sure...
    :)

Finding Nemo was pure Disney through & through regardless of who made it.

22. bartelby macrumors Core

'Cars' looks like it's going to be good, but we have to wait another 12 months for it to be released.

23. agm2001 macrumors newbie

I think the phrase, "Can Pixar do anything wrong?" pretty much sums it up. Pixar makes movies that are entertaining for a pretty all-encompassing audience. That's what amaxed me about when I went to see Finding Nemo in theaters. Sure you had the moms bringing their kids and families. But you also had college guys like me who like Pixar and are impressed by computer animation (my major involves computers) and older people and talking with some afterwards, you didn't find any who were disgusted by the film. It's not offensive. It's just good clean fun. It takes quite a company to pull that off. Here's to many more excellent Pixar films.