Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

i hate timmy 2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
ok I was moving and my ipod got put in a box of books (lil bro is a dumass) and well when i got my ipod out the screen was ****ed up to hell so i was wondering if i could use a ipod photo screen for my ipod video. if u know please help me out

dukebound85

macrumors Core
Jul 17, 2005
5045 feet above sea level
Are you asking to dismantle the iPod photo and video and swap screens? I dont think that is possible. Even if you could you would have display problems most likely. Also, the specs are different for both of them.

Or are you asking about a protective film that works on the Pod photo and asking if it would work on the video. It would work but it wouldn't cover the entire screen area.

Hope that helps

i hate timmy 2

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 19, 2006
no what i was asking was if i cant find a 5g screen for my video ipod then can i buy a ipod photo screen and put it in my video ipod

Suspended
Dec 27, 2003
Um...

You do know that those iPods have completely different size and resolution screens, right?

I would beat someone for tossing it in a box, let alone a box with heavy stuff...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.