Just spoke with Apple, Cases WILL NOT be delivered...

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by iMJustAGuy, Mar 30, 2010.

1. macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Just spoke with Apple, Cases WILL NOT begin shipping until 4/3. He said that only a very small fraction of cases had already begun shipping but they will most certainly NOT be delivered on the 3rd. He said they will begin shipping them out that day. I lied and said that I had already spoke with someone else who said the opposite and he said he can assure me that we will not get our cases until the next week. LAME.

2. macrumors 68000

Hardly. We'll have the iPad. Come up with something temporary, and it'll be fine.

I'd rather have the iPad first than be sitting with just a case.

3. macrumors regular

4. thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Hmmmm... I didn't ask about that. I assume they will be available then.

I can just see something happening to it. I work in an ER and am the most Apple obsessed but EVERYONE has iPhones and loves them esp since we get a 24% discount from AT&T. Anyway, I promised everyone I'd bring it in on Sunday and I can just see people setting it down and turning it while its laying there on the counter scratching the back up... NOOOOOOO!

5. macrumors 65816

Sleazy E

6. thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Honestly I'd rather not get my iPad until I have the case to go with it. I KNOW something is going to happen to it, a scratch or SOMETHING.... however, I also know I am going to be pissed when I get my case if I find out that I am unable to fold it flat backwards like a notebook...

7. macrumors 6502a

my case is shipping on the 3rd. i should have it soon. I might be going to bestbuy in the morning and buying the apple case, and then when i get it delivered ill just return the new one to bestbuy.

8. macrumors regular

So just don't open the box until the case arrives. What's the big deal?

9. macrumors regular

thrill5one6

If my case doesn't arrive Saturday I will try to get one at the local apple stores in my area. Don't want any scratches

10. macrumors 601

OneMike

Just get the iPad and leave it home until you get a case. Simple solution.

If you use it at home and don't put it on a hard surface or drop it you won't scratch it. Plus we don't even know how scratch resistant it is yet.

11. macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

You sound like steve jobs.

12. thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

Temptation will win. Always.

13. macrumors regular

My solution:

Going to an ASC Bestbuy and getting one, then canceling my order for one

14. macrumors 6502

Hell tell us more about this 24% discount...........

15. macrumors 68020

MICHAELSD

Clever ;).

I've got to say that I definitely want my iPad in a case from day one. Aluminum isn't too difficult to damage, so I'm going to hope there's an Apple iPad case available when I pick mine up on launch day. Afterwards, I might buy another case if the Apple-designed case isn't too great, but it's better than nothing. Apple should invest research into making devices very scratch resistant during normal usage.

16. macrumors 68040

I don't see how this is news given that the accessories have always said ships by 4/3 (at the earliest) as opposed to delivers by 4/3 like the iPad itself.

17. macrumors 65816

Unprocessed1

+1

18. macrumors 68040

MythicFrost

I agree, one layer of glad (plastic) wrap, remove the area over the screen, a layer of bubble wrap, remove the area over the screen, then finally 5 layers of glad wrap, and remove the area over the screen.

The perfect home made solution -- it bounces too.

19. thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

I work for Baptist Health Care at Baptist Hospital ER and AT&T offers us a 24% discount. I guess it depends on the (deal?) between your company and AT&T... I will say we have the highest I have seen. My father was in the military and he only gets 15%.

Anyway, I really did have high hopes that my case would deliver the same day as my iPad. :(

GREAT IDEA!

-1 :p

20. macrumors G4

Night Spring

Just put it in a large ziplock bag. Touch screen will work through it. I've done this before with an iPod touch. I was going to do the ziplock bag with the iPad, but I found that a local elctronics store has some iPad cases in stock, so I plan to go there before Saturday to pick one up.

21. macrumors 68020

bowlerman625

Woo hoo!

I'll have my case before the iPad 3G arrives.

Maybe I can get one of those cardboard iPads and put it in the case. When people ask me how it works I can tell them it's locked-up for some reason and will not reboot!!! Oh well.....

22. macrumors 6502

pyrodex

I work for Turner Broadcasting and we currently get 30% off but their discounts are semi restrictive such as the iPhone data plan of course. Oh we also get 50% off devices and accessories :)

23. thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

DANG! Ours, however, isn't at all restricted.

24. macrumors 65816

citi

I've seen several of these posts. I don't know why the verbage is so confusing

Ships by 4/3 means they have until 4/3 to ship the product. It's delivery padding. That does not mean they can't ship it early. Amazon does this all the time, and usually my product comes several days earlier.

Delivered 4/3 leaves no room for debate.

25. thread starter macrumors 68020

iMJustAGuy

That's the point of this thread. There is no "by 4/3" He specifically told me it won't ship UNTIL 4/3. None of them.