Just switched my GF to a MB :)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by crazycat, Feb 7, 2007.

1. macrumors 65816

crazycat

I always get "help me so and so does not work" from my girl friend, so yesterday i went out and got her this cute little MacBook which she loves to death. She had problems burning cd's with her old pc as as well as doing everyday normal work. I have not gotten one help me call yet she fingered out everything on her own.

She did all the pictures on her own, as well as now buying and downloading tv shows from itunes.

I am so glade she liked it now i don't have to spend 30 mins trying to figer whats wrong with her old laptop :)

2. macrumors 6502

amiga

:) Cool, well done and very kind of you.

3. macrumors 6502

I thought the title of this said I switched my GF for a MB at first :p
    glad it doesn't.

4. Moderator emeritus

devilot

That's a very generous gift. :eek: My ex was more interested in buying me heels than Appley hardware. *ponders looking for a bf from MR*

5. macrumors member

Hahaha. I thought so too.

Anyway, kudos to you Crazycat!

6. macrumors 68020

suneohair

Am I eligible?

7. macrumors 68020

Raid

Wow very generous! I switched my first user(s) a couple of weeks ago. My aunt and uncle had the same problems so when their MOBO died they ordered Mac mini. I didn't buy them the machine though... awww... I guess this means you're serious about this one! :)

I'd be carefull about saying such things. Your PM box is liable to hit it's limit. ;)

8. macrumors 6502a

Mavimao

My girlfriend bought a MB after years of dealing with an unresponsive and XP-bloated eMachine.

She loves it, but with only 512 megs of RAM...it's not as responsive as it should be. Gotta fix that.

But yeah, great present. Hope it's got more RAM than what my significant other's does.

9. macrumors regular

I did the same for my GF, I had given her my old powerbook but decided she needed an upgrade... so in the midst of my Mac purchasing I picked up a 2.0 c2d macbook for her :)

10. macrumors regular

Axegrinder

ha ha :D It must be love!

Wait till you've been together for 17 years like me and the misses.

I'm pondering giving her my old Win2K laptop so I can have a MacBook Pro! :D

11. macrumors 6502a

chosenwolf

LOL, do it! :D

12. macrumors 68020

phungy

Cool! My gf (emmi on MRs) is going to wait until summer to purchase her MB (hopefully they have the *free* printer/iPod promo). By then, Leopard/iLife should be out. That means her MB will be better than mine! :eek:

13. thread starter macrumors 65816

crazycat

UPDATE:

Well she likes the laptop a lot, the only problem she has is when it starts in XP (i installed Boot Camp on it). She loves who simple everything is, and she enjoys discovering things on her own like importing music cd's :). Whenever i ask her about he pc laptop she is like "shut up, it sucks why did you not get me this laptop from before?"

The only problem is she spends more time on the macbook then with me :(

p.sp Is there are nice games that she might like? she enjoys The Sims but she has not played it much.

14. macrumors 6502a

nazmac21

I like it so much when people switch over to the Mac.:D

15. macrumors 6502

Definitely need to buy her Parallels too and use Coherence mode to keep your sanity!

http://parallelsvirtualization.blogspot.com/

Hmm, starting in XP - terrible, nay a disgrace - huff!:(

16. macrumors 68000

e12a

The world just got a little bit better. :)

17. macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

Pacman, tetris, Sim City, Rollercoaster Tycoon 2.. that's all I can think of right now.

18. macrumors 65816

m-dogg

Ouch! Instead of being happy now, she's mad you didn't get her a mac sooner?

19. macrumors regular

I had a similar story. My wife was a Windows user when we got married. She had an appr. 4 yr old compaq desktop, and I actually refused to allow her to bring it into my house. She's a student, and we were living on married student housing at the time so she would just go to the library to work on reports. Then, Valentine's Day last year, our first V.Day as couple, btw, she was *just* about done with a report, and the Dell she was working on crashed. We spent the whole night rewriting her paper that was due the next day. Went on ebay at that point and bought her a 17" Powerbook. I was a bit jealous, as at the time, I was (and still am) using a G4 iBook. Then, over Christmas this past year, the hinge of her pb broke, and they told me i could wait a month for the part or they would give me a 17" mac book pro as a replacement. Now I am a lot jealous... That will be rectified soon as i am buying a 15" mbp, likely in April. But at least I didn't have to pay for hers...:)

20. macrumors regular

oops, the moral of the above story is that she loves her macs and won't use anything else. now she tries to get other people to switch, too!

21. macrumors 6502a

nazmac21

Age of Empires II: The Conquerors Expansion

22. macrumors 6502

Luxor: Amun Rising is a great game for Mac.

23. macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

women, no matter what you do ...