Just switched to a 1.25 MDD

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by sonicbaz, Aug 24, 2003.

1. sonicbaz macrumors member

May 13, 2003
    G'day all, on Friday I bought a new single processor 1.25 MDD, I have been running Logic 5 on my PC for quite a while but really wanted to go to Logic 6 and decided although I couldn't afford a new G5 I could get a new G4 for AUD$2400!

I have 2 UAD-1 cards too so the processor speed is not such a huge deal and the hit I have taken is not as bad as I could imagine. I loaded my mac with 1.5Gig PC2700 and also have installed my Audiomedia III card, so I can run Protools and also use the DIO engine in Logic, BTW this didn't work on my PC.

Logic 6 is awesome, although until Universal Audio release drivers for OS X (October??) I am stuck in OS 9. The ultimate will be the G5 Dual which will be a reality as soon as my track deal comes through. :D

Although I've used many different Macs over the years
    (Digital Prepress/DTP/IT Support) this is the first one I have owned and it feels completely different to a PC. I love the design of the keyboard and mouse, very well designed and the whole thing inside is so neat and organised and much much quieter than my PC. I feel stupid as I had thought using them at work equated to owning one, and it just flat out doesn't, I don't know why but it is much better than I had thought.

It's so beautiful!

2. coopdog macrumors 6502a

Oct 5, 2002
    The Great Midwest
    Welcome! Great! All PC users have the same reaction, including me. :p
  3. DreaminDirector macrumors 6502a

Sep 3, 2002
    Ladera Ranch, CA
    Congrats! I got the same Mac and I love it. It's funny that most switchers have this reaction. I dunno, maybe it's better that we only have 5% (give or take) of the market share. Make it feel like us mac users have a special little secret. Like back in the days of the ol' tree house club.

4. mac15 macrumors 68040

Dec 29, 2001
  5. benixau macrumors 65816

Oct 9, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    amen - i think in the few weeks since the g5 was 'released' over here i have seen (only last night) one - just one - and oly one - g5 ad on tv.

good going apple australia - NOT
  6. Nermal Moderator

Staff Member

Dec 7, 2002
    New Zealand
    In the last year or so, I've seen the FP iMac in the window ad, maybe 3 times. And that's all :(