Just Switched!

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by rummer, Jun 4, 2005.

1. rummer macrumors newbie

Ok, after a loooong wait, I finally got an 20 inch iMac G5 at the Littleton, CO Apple Store yesterday. Got it with 1GB RAM, iSight, and EyeTV 200, and so far, it is just awesome. It is very fast, and my friends are annoying me about borrowing it this weekend. (no way!) The only issue I have now is that I am having firewall issues with iChat in my dorm room, so I have to talk to the network admin on Monday.

I came to this forum about a year ago to get info about the PowerBooks, but then fell in love with the new design and power of the iMac. I am still keeping my ThinkPad X40 for taking notes and travel, so it's not a complete switch, but one day it may well be replaced by an Apple product.

I found the MacRumors forums to be extremely helpful, and I think I made the right decision in getting my iMac now. Thanks everyone, and I hope I can contribute more now that I am a real Mac user! :)

2. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Congratulations. Did you check the firewall status on your iMac? That could be a probalem, but i doubt it.

3. Devie macrumors 6502a

Congrats mate!

Its pretty much the exact same system I've ordered, still comming... slowly, but surely :( .

4. yellow Moderator emeritus

yellow

5. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

6. apple_g5 macrumors member

apple_g5

7. TreeHugger macrumors 6502

have fun and don't spend too much time staring at that beautiful white box ;)

8. 2Sticky macrumors regular

9. SteveC macrumors 6502

Welcome to the bright side of the computer world. :cool: Congrats' on the purchase, too. I know you'll continue to be very happy with your iMac.

10. eleveneastgate macrumors 6502

11. JCT macrumors 6502

Congrats...I hung out here before my switch as well. I started with an iBook ....now I have a 17" PB and a Dual 2.5 G5 (sitting where my self-built P4 used to be).

Just a "warning" , that X40 will probably start to annoy you before long. I'll bet you have a 12" PB or iBook in your future... :D

Enjoy

JT

12. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Congratulations...!

And I totally agree with JCT... That ThinkPad will be totally forgotten in just a couple of weeks, gathering dust somewhere... ;)

13. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Nice system- you are going to love it. Congrats on the switch.