Just traded my DS heavy for an Xbox 1

Discussion in 'Games' started by 7on, Mar 10, 2007.

1. 7on macrumors 601

7on

Got a DS lite this week and found someone who wanted my old DS and she traded me with her xbox. I thought it was a good deal as I now get a XBMC out of it :D One question though, any thoughts as to what games should I get for the box? I know there are some good ones and I'm planing on picking up some GTA action and Mafia (after selling my PC copies somewhere) but I was wondering about any good Xbox exclusives I should look into.

2. Teh Don Ditty macrumors G4

Teh Don Ditty

3. SpankyPenzaanz macrumors 6502a

SpankyPenzaanz

kotor, jade empire, brothers in arms earned in blood, kotor 2 was good but nothing to the glory that was the first one

4. pcypert macrumors 6502

I loved the Oddworlds, but that's just me maybe.

Also fable...not exclusive anymore, but fun still.

Halo and Halo 2

Grabbed by Ghoulies

KOTOR

and anything else you haven't played that you can find dirt cheap in a bargain bin...i got a hockey game for my friend's Xbox for 3 bucks...sweet!

Paul

5. ericsthename macrumors regular

Timesplitters 2 - I loved that game.

Project Gotham 2... Colin McRae...SSX Tricky

6. pcypert macrumors 6502

I never understood the Timesplitters love...played it and enjoyed it ok...but seemed like 64 Bond or something to me...maybe I'm remembering wrong...definitely a must by for how cheap you can get it now though...

Also the Max Payne stuff...

Paul

7. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

Get yourself some Ninja Gaiden superb game!

ShadoW

8. ericsthename macrumors regular

Which Timesplitters? I only played 2 and 3, and 3 wasn't great at all. 2 was awesome in my opinion. I just liked the level design - it wasn't really revolutionary, but every level was different. You were playing in futuristic tokyo, the old west, prohibitionary Chicago... cool idea and made for a game that wasnt boring in its level design...

9. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Timesplitters 2. Wasn't keen on 3 (EA ruined it). Co-op brilliance. Along with Halo 1, avoid 2, they seriously messed up the story in that one. Panzer Dragoon Orta is beautiful. GTA Vice City.

10. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

Jade Empire is a must, if only for the fact that John Cleese is in it!

11. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

KOTOR 1 and 2(One is better),Halo 1 and 2 and Star Wars BattleFront 2

12. Chone macrumors 65816

Chone

I agree TimeSplitters 2 was such an awesome game but TS3 was real shoddy in comparison.

Ninja Gaiden and Conker Live n Reloaded are fun Xbox games as well.

13. 7on thread starter macrumors 601

7on

Say, does anyone here recommend any particular Modchip for the Xbox? I was planning on doing a softmod, but there's still no way to unlock the harddrive using that method (that I could find). All I'm looking to do is dump XBMC on there and my media files and still be able to play some Xbox original disks. Nothing fancy. Or if anyone knows of a way to softmod any harddrive to work in the Xbox that'd work too (not counting the Xbox harddrive locking program as I don't have a PC with IDE cables and the one that does lacks a CD-ROM :/ )

14. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

DuoX GS is meant to be pretty awesome chipwise.

15. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

IIRC I have an Executor chip in mine. Before I swopped my TV for a large monitor it dealt with all my streaming needs. I've never been too interested in paying to play online so I didn't have Live (Xlink=free) but theres something about using modchips+Live that doesn't go well together.

XBMC is (was?) great. Like a big screened version of VLC. Plays every file known to human and animal kind though completley buggy.

16. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

^ yeah mine has executor too and never had any probs with it - but it's an old chip at this stage - so that one I posted is meant to be 'the one' to go for if your getting it done these days (and it allows you to play xbox live too I believe).

I never got into xbox live with the original xbox as I didnt have broadband till Dec 2005 - same time as 360 came out so it basically has served me for online since and I havent played with the old xbox for about 12 months.

17. Corrosive vinyl macrumors 6502

Corrosive vinyl

Check out morrowwind and fatal frame

I also agree, Halo 1 is a ton better then Halo 2 http://www.halo2sucks.com/
    and the Oddworld games are fun.

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

The utterly crapness of the Halo 2 singleplayer (and new gameplay mechanics- dual weild, cut and shut story, bad weapons) doesn't give me hope for Halo 3.

19. pcypert macrumors 6502

Halo 2 is far from perfect, but fun to play through nonetheless and more than makes up for any lack in the single player with the multiplayer experience....except for all the young kids who do nothing but play this game and kill you in 2 seconds :)

I enjoyed the Crash Bandicoot on the Xbox as well.

Paul

20. ninewhereman macrumors member

I have to second Ninja Gaiden. I would be happy if Ninja Gaiden was the only game I owned for Xbox. I can't get enough of it, and the difficulty can get insane at points.

21. pcypert macrumors 6502

my friend had Ninja Gaiden and he was lucky his tv never got smashed. Good game, but man was it hard at times. Many a controller got thrown at the TV because of that game. When it was finally beaten (group effort) I think we broke the disk or sold it immediately. It was good, but will never get played again by us :)

Paul

22. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Agreed!

Now I just need to play through with the other characters... :eek: