Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

FullCollapse

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Oneonta, NY
and i've got a problem. i inspected the computer before i turned it on, and i noticed what appeared to be some sort of blemish on the left side of the screen. i start the computer up and when i am greeted with a black screen, this "blemish" is bright green! it's about a centimeter long. i'm posting using the mac, and against the standard blue background i can still see it. since i'm going to be at a mall with an apple store in it tomorrow, i plan on taking it in. what should i expect from apple? any feedback would be great, thanks guys.

barr08

macrumors 65816
Aug 9, 2006
Boston, MA
I do believe apple's refurbs are covered by the same warranty that the new products are. When they fix it for you, get applecare to extend this warranty, because it's a very nice thing to have.

emptyCup

macrumors 65816
Jan 5, 2005
Many people get more than they expect with a refurb. Occassionally they get less. It is covered by a full warrantee, however, so Apple will fix it for you. Best wishes.

FullCollapse

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Oneonta, NY
just an update, took my imac to an apple store and spoke with a genius today. since it's a refurbished model and i just got it the day before, he said what i can do is call applecare and send it back to get (probably) replaced. after a chat with representatives at applecare, i'm taking it to fedex in the morning to send it off on its way and get a refund.
only thing is i go back to school next sunday... i hope to be able to get reimbursed before then and head to new jersey (no tax) and score a brand new one.

FullCollapse

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Oneonta, NY
i live in new york, approximately 30-40 minutes from the apple store i plan on going to. gas is about $2.50 here, in new jersey it's a bit cheaper at like $2.20-$2.25.

FullCollapse

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 31, 2006
Oneonta, NY
well guys apple pulled through with my refund today, and i went and bought myself a brand new imac. i'm very pleased, as i now have it to take back to school with me on sunday. yay apple

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.