Just watched 24 season 1

Discussion in 'Community' started by Veldek, Sep 28, 2003.

1. Veldek macrumors 68000

Veldek

Why did the authors need to create such a sad ending? I mean, what was the need that she had to die? I'm noone who wants a happy end in everything, but it would have fit much better here, I think.

2. Angelus macrumors 6502

did you watch the alternative ending in the dvd box set?
    It's a happy ending but in my opinion it takes from the whole show,were it to be officially used that is.
    I think the ending where teri dies makes for a nice conclusion to the first season.
    That scene where he just lies on the floor holding her just makes me all teary eyed.

3. HasanDaddy macrumors 6502a

her death provided the architecture for the next season, where Jack is a bitter man with nothing to live for

I didn't like the first season's ending at first either, but it did provide us with an excellent second season!

4. WinterMute Moderator emeritus

WinterMute

I thought it was a perfect ending, the show had so much going for it, but to leave all the major players alive at the end would taste of unreality, I was fairly sure they were going to kill Jack...

The second season really fed off the relationships that Jack endured, the tensions created made the slightly weaker storyline less important. I hated the alternative ending on the DVD, it was a cop out, plus by killing a major character in the first series, you were never sure who was going to survive the second, I don't think Jack will survive the third.

5. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i watched the second season on tv and i liked it very much

i thought about buying the first season and i kind of know the plot from the website, but it may be fun to watch how the creators of the show present it

i can't wait until season 3 begins in late october

i like the cliffhanger aspect of the show but i don't know if it's good for the show's survival since some may not feel like they got into the story if they miss the early part of the season

i have not got into alias but i heard it is amazingly popular

6. ColoJohnBoy macrumors 65816

ColoJohnBoy

Oh, dude! That's awesome! '24' is one of the best shows out there. I just bought the second season on DVD. My Dad is home from Iraq for a brief spell, so he's trying to catch up on what he missed! :D
    Shame he won't be here for the third season. I can't wait!!

7. Kwyjibo macrumors 68040

Kwyjibo

the third season is supposed to be am ix of the action in seaosn 2 with the suspense of season 1 ... i'm very excited aobut it. Compared to Season 1, Seaon 2 wasn't that good imo. I'm glad they killed terri bauer.... how many more times was she goign to be kidnapped... I didn't liek here character enough to wish she had stayed. I'm also a little dissapointed that kim is working at ctu it looks like....such an angle to keep the really hot elisha cutherbert in the show.... i'm not against that but why can't we just have more post shower season perhaps one an episode instead of a cheasy plot...