Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacsomJRR

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jul 8, 2003
San Diego
Wow is that movie crap or is that movie crap.

C'mon Rock, what were you thinking? I was hoping I'd get to see some of the original bad guys from the first DOOM game but oh no. They should of just called this movie "Space Zombies" or "Crap."

On a side note I also watched Crash and that movie was actually pretty darn good.

erickkoch

macrumors 6502a
Jan 13, 2003
Kalifornia
Doom was a crappy "Video Game" movie but its sucktitude (is that a word?) pales in comparison to Bloodrayne. That movie will definitely get a Razzie for worst movie of the year. Hollywood should think long and hard before making a video game into a movie. I enjoyed Doom for what it was, a brainless popcorn movie, explosions, FX, no great expectations. For Bloodrayne, I kept looking at my watch, hoping it would end soon. It was painful to watch.

ravenvii

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Melenkurion Skyweir
Bloodrayne sucked because Uwe Boll is involved. No further explanation needed.

Doom on the other hand, well I didn't think it's THAT bad of a movie. No, it's got nothing like the game (other than that it's on Mars, and there's a pinky in it). It's like they just got a script that's close enough and went with it.

But I gotta admit the first-person segment is cool. I know many people didn't like it, but I think it's pretty well-done.

Dont Hurt Me

macrumors 603
Dec 21, 2002
Yahooville S.C.
Hollywood took a good thing and screwed it all up, very dissapointed they had to get the hollywood hands all over this thing and making it crap. Loaded it up with typical cliches and they twisted the story so much in the end it wasnt Doom. Whats this about another virus:rolleyes: Carmack screwed up letting them ruin the story. All they had to do is follow the Doom3 game for the most part, oh well. After watching it i give it 4 or 5 out 10. It was sort of like Doom but not Doom if you know what i mean.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.