just went cordless..

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Studawg7, Nov 2, 2005.

1. Studawg7 macrumors regular

May 15, 2004
    Cville, VA
    well after having my ibook G4 for over a year i have finally gone cordless.. mouse that is. i picked up the bluetooth mouse (i have internal bt) and all i can say is that its amazing! wish it had a scroll wheel but i can live. this little guy is going to be really handy while on the move. i think i shall call him stuart little, after the hotrod car driving white mouse.

lol thanks for putting up with my joy! its always a good day when i buy something new from apple.
  2. SummerBreeze macrumors 6502a

Sep 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    The day that I got my wireless mouse and keyboard, I was so excited. It wasn't Apple but that didn't stop my joy. I kept running around with it, throwing it around and doing the whole "look, no wires" magic trick type thing. I totally understand your joy ;)
  3. Lacero macrumors 604

Jan 20, 2005
    The lag is annoying. I prefer wired mouse. No lag and no batteries to worry about.
  4. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

Mar 6, 2005
    I have a wireless keyboard at home and its great, i always keep my mouse wired tho.....anyway wireless is great now thanks to bluetooth,

I remember the days whe there was all that infa-red BS which was sooo unreliable and the batteries drained so quickly,

5. Aliquis macrumors regular

Oct 4, 2004
    Has anyone also tried the Mighty Mouse? I think it'd be awesome if that went (or when) bluetooth.
  6. Studawg7 thread starter macrumors regular

May 15, 2004
    Cville, VA
    im not perceiving any lag at the moment. did you adjust your settings? also im not gaming with this setup of mine so small amounts of lag if they appear wont bother me
  7. Studawg7 thread starter macrumors regular

May 15, 2004
    Cville, VA

yeah the IR and RF stuff can stay at the store. BT really is nice to have and im glad i finally get to use it more frequently. as for a wired mouse, if i was at a desktop id prefer it. but i like the wireless for the portable, just less clutter.
  8. dornoforpyros macrumors 68040

Oct 19, 2004
    Calgary, AB
    I've got a wireless M$ mouse and it works great. No lag that I notice, plus when I'm feeling really lazy I can lean back in my chair with it on my lap and just scroll through documents.
  9. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

May 2, 2005
    I only use my wireless kb and mouse when I hook my PB up to the TV for stevenote watching fun!
    EE! It's SO COOL to control it from across the room!

makes me realize how stupid and dorky I am.

/stupid nerd
    //I suck
  10. Aarow macrumors 6502a

Jun 14, 2005
    I thought this thread was going to be about wireless phones and how the OP just switched from one of those old phones w/ the spinny thing. Boy was I dissapointed.

...I would buy a cordless mouse if it was solar powered. Solar power would only work if I had a sun roof, and a sunny place to live...
  11. iZach macrumors 6502

Apr 15, 2005
    West Bloomfield, MI
    i saw today a battery free wireless mouse. it was pretty cool. the usb receiver also sends power signals to the mouse. google it.

12. Peter Griffin macrumors regular

Jul 10, 2005
    Woah that would be an awesome idea for laptops. Imagine not having to plug in the power brick and enjoy full battery life.
  13. mrfrosty macrumors 6502

Oct 1, 2005
    I'm not sure these are such a great thing, you have to the supplied pad (if its the right one i have found!).....so they don't seem that portable to me. I'm also not sure that I like the idea of my hand being sat on a pad that is supplying power, for a short time i'm sure it's fine.....for 6-8 or so hours a day 6-7 days a week.....I'm not so sure.....