Just Wondering about iPhone Data

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by chatster18, Feb 20, 2007.

1. chatster18 macrumors regular

Jan 14, 2007
    Is it be possible to buy the iPhone and pay just the data plan, saying that it is $20 per month, that is still cheaper than the $40 I pay per month for BlackBerry data plan and the $15 for unlimited txting...

Why I ask, well $35 a month is cheaper than $40 and I think an iPhone would be an amazing device.
  2. EricNau Moderator emeritus

Apr 27, 2005
    San Francisco, CA
    We won't know until it's released. Cingular may or may not only allow very specific voice & data plans.
  3. Aniej macrumors 68000

Oct 17, 2006
    So I am clear, where are you get the $20 figure from? Is it a reference to the $19.99 extreme messaging option?
  4. chatster18 thread starter macrumors regular

Jan 14, 2007
    Just speculating, no firm founding...
  5. weldon macrumors 6502a

May 22, 2004
    Denver, CO
    It depends if Cingular makes the iPhone part of the Smartphone Connect plan or the PDA Connect Plan. I've heard contradictory info from different people about the Blackjack, for example. Some have signed up with this phone for the Smartphone plan ($20) and some used the PDA plan ($45). When I've asked the people on the PDA plan are afraid to switch because they are worried about getting nailed for overage charges from Cingular that will be much more than the $25 difference.

If I were signing up for a new account, I would try Smartphone for the first month and see if it works. If it doesn't you have a good reason to ask for a refund.