Justification for buying an Acura RL

Discussion in 'Community' started by Xtremehkr, Nov 23, 2004.

1. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Link

2. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

The Acura is a very nice car, don't get me wrong, but anybody who calls a new car an investment if off their knocker. I'm astonished that this guy calls himself a professional.

BEN

Edit: Still stand as above, but finished the review. That's a sweet ass car.

3. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

He's just gushing over the audio in the new RL. But the best audio from any car comes from the front ;)

Or the middle, heck, sometimes even the back!

4. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

5. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I did.

And who buys a car just for the factory audio system?

The article gushes over the stereo and, almost as an afterthought, the actual driving. For 50 large, gimme a Boxster S or Elise and an audio delete option.
    I'll listen to the six (or four) little speakers behind my head making beautiful music the whole way down the road.

6. pseudobrit macrumors 68040

pseudobrit

I've read one bad newspaper car review in my life. It was a Detroit paper bashing an import.

If you want honest, professional car reviews, you can either read Autoweek, CAR or Top Gear.

7. iGav macrumors G3

You've forgotten 'Autocar' ;) by far and away the best UK car mag, and the only one still to record full sets of performance figures for every vehicle they test ;) A car designer friend of mine insists it's the only they read and respect the reviews of. It's also a weekly! :)

CAR is pretty good though... I've been reading that for 2 decades, and they've always given well written reviews, along with the classic 'Good, Bad and Ugly'.

Not so sure about Top Gear same goes for EVO... which I do like but hate the way it uses the word 'Evoness' all of the time, to the point where I wonder if they know where the term 'Evo' comes from :rolleyes:

We've just had a new mag released here called 'Test Drive' but I've not had a chance to read that... but it looks like it's aimed at family and private buyers.

I do (when I remind myself to) check the 'Autoweek' website because such is the number of threads posted on here regarding U.S. cars, it's worth checking out so I know what you guys are going on about. ;)

8. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

Road & Track is also high quality. How many other magazines can boast having a former Le Mans winner as an editor? Or how about frequent contributions from Phil Hill? :D

9. Xtremehkr thread starter macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

All the mentioned publications had very nice things to say about this car. What does a Japanese manufacturer have to do to please people?

Compare it to a similarly priced BMW 330Ci and tell me what it is missing.

10. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

What's missing? The new Acuras don't have as many ugly lines as new Bimmers.

11. Xtremehkr thread starter macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I do like the overall look though, they just age badly.