Justifying Macintosh

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by voicegy, Jun 16, 2003.

1. voicegy macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    Finally..."one stop shopping" for justification arguments, discussion and links listing lots of reasons for staying with Macs, including ease of use, lower support costs, licensing advantages and hardware that lasts longer.

For as long as this discussion on MacInTouch lasts, I consider it a mini-goldmine of information, for business, education and home use of the Mac. Enjoy!

http://www.macintouch.com/macjust.html

2. ddtlm macrumors 65816

Why do "we" need web pages telling us how to justify the thousands of dollars we've sunk into Apple products? It suggests that we didn't think it through with our own brain power first.

3. P-Worm macrumors 68020

P-Worm

I don't think that that is the point. I think he is giving us so that we can help this in getting potential switchers.

P-Worm

4. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

I have to agree with P-Worm. While most Mac users are pretty confident in their knowledge of the product, sometimes the arguments are less then cogent. Sites like this help convince others of the wisdom behind the decision. Heck - if it weren't for Drosz's (sp?) website, i might not have been able to convince my university to buy me a brand spankin new 17inch iMac!!

5. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

No offense, but did you actually click on the link and go to the site. It's a guy who works for a multi-million dollar company trying to convince them to not go all PC. Even if it were a "switchers" type of site, not everyone knows everything about Macs. This is a great page to link business customers to when they say that you can't use a Mac to do ________ (insert business app here).

6. ZildjianKX macrumors 68000

ZildjianKX

is a joke, lol... that's not necessarily something to brag about... if Apple doesn't upgrade their hardware it is indicative of worse performance... but by that same token software will run on older machines... oh well.

7. ddtlm macrumors 65816

solvs:

Nope. Nice to hear its aimed at corporates though.

8. voicegy thread starter macrumors 65816

voicegy

Sandy Eggo - MacRumors Member since 1-1-2002
    "We" don't need it, of course. But many times I've seen poor souls here asking for "arguments" in favor of Apple over PC because their school/corporation/district/office are seriously starting or thinking of starting to move to a total PC/Microslop envioronment, and I thought it was great that MacInTouch put all sorts of justifications and related links together in one place.:)

9. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

this should be usefull in the general Apple vs. PC argument. not that i have any problems there already. ;) :D