JVC Camcorders

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by wfisher, Jul 29, 2006.

1. wfisher macrumors newbie

Does anyone know (and I'm not asking for a best guess) if JVC Camcorders are compatible with Macs? I'm new to mac and I'm new to JVC. If anyone has some experience here it would be greatly appreciated. Specifically, I'm looking at the JVC GR-D650. Thanks.:confused:

2. funkychunkz macrumors 6502a

funkychunkz

Obviously some JVC camcorders work for the mac:

https://www.jvc.ca/en/consumer/service/s_downloads/default.asp

http://www.apple.com/macosx/upgrade/camcorders.html

But I think the easiest way to see if that camcorder works with a mac is to find a manual and read it. I checked JVC's site and apparently it's not available yet. Since it's not, I would go into a Bestbuy and ask / pull it off the shelf and quickly check to see if one of the display macs will notice it when plugged in. I say quickly because of the alarms that will inevitably go off.

Most miniDVs work on a mac.

3. wfisher thread starter macrumors newbie

So what you're saying is that if the computer recognizes it, then it should work with iLife etc.?

4. MacFan25863 macrumors 6502a

MacFan25863

Pretty much every modern mini-dv camera works with the mac. They all use the same standard, so you should be ok. If worse comes to worse, you can always return it.

5. simie macrumors 6502a

simie

6. wfisher thread starter macrumors newbie

So once again, if the computer recognizes the camera, then it should function with all of the mac applications?

7. funkychunkz macrumors 6502a

funkychunkz

*should* unless there's a bug in the app or the don't support a certain format. However if it doesn't show up that doesn't necessarily mean that it won't work. That method doesn't really help unless no other sources are available.

8. wfisher thread starter macrumors newbie

How do I get the computer to recognize the camcorder??:cool: