K Street - the show on HBO

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Anderson, Sep 15, 2003.

1. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Anyone see this last night?

Sort of a fake reality tv show based on politicos in DC - some real, some actors....

Aired on HBO at 10:30

http://www.hbo.com/kstreet/?ntrack_para1=feat_sec1_image

George Clooney and Steven Soderbergh produced and James Carville and Mary Matalin are probably the two main characters that play themselves.

Kind of interesting since its all shot in DC and the locations are places I see all the time.

D

2. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    i TiVo'd it and watched the first few minutes, and had to switch it off, I just can't stand the camera work. Could never watch NYPD Blue for the same reason. If anyone says it's a great show I'll try and watch it all the way through...

Now, the series premiere before that however, Carnivale, was great, looks like that's gonna be another HBO smash hit :)

3. Juventuz macrumors 6502a

Juventuz

I thought K Street was ok, I'd give it another shot. Although Carville has always gotten on my nerves. Begala more so.

As for Carnivale, I liked it and I didn't. I don't know where it's going and the lack of direction bothers me a bit. It's definitely a show I have to watch a few more times before I decide whether to stick with it for the season or not.

4. Mr. Anderson thread starter Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Carnivale was a bit odd - but its got potential - I'll not knock it until it gets going a little more.

One thing I found strange was that in K Street, when they had a outside shot of house that was supposed to be Carville's - it actually was! :eek:

I go by there a couple times a week on Union Street in Old Town walking the dog - its only 10 blocks from my house. I'd have to wonder why they'd use his real house?

D

5. evoluzione macrumors 68020

evoluzione

down the road, that's where i'll always be
    that is kinda weird. maybe i'll give it another shot.

carnivale i thought started kinda slow, but then once you get to know the characters it'll be great, by the end of the first show it already cleared up some questions...only gonna get better i reckon.

6. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I think Carnivale looks like a winner. Intriguing, mysterious, suspenseful, and certainly full of interesting characters. More like The Dead Zone than Freaks. I'm looking forward to the 2nd episode.

7. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Well, it's about time. HBO has announced the starting date for the second season of Carnivale: January 9th, 2005.

In the meantime, the Season 1 DVD comes out December 7th, 2004.

They will also be replaying Season 1 starting shortly.

8. gwuMACaddict macrumors 68040

gwuMACaddict

when you live in dc and can see the 'k-st' type drama for real, why watch a mockumentery about it? doesnt make sense to me... i dont like how some of it is factual, while other parts are made up...