Kabul: Losing It

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by skunk, May 29, 2006.

1. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/5026350.stm

I expect flattening a mosque won't help in the Hearts and Minds operation, either.

2. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

I think I see a pattern here. Can't quite put my finger on it, but this sounds strangely familiar...
    http://www.guardian.co.uk/afghanistan/story/0,,1785599,00.html

3. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

I think it's obvious we should have finished in Afghanistan first before we even thought about anywhere else. Too bad they don't have as much oil. It saddens me to think that's all there is to it, but there it is.

I remember a friend of mine signing up for the Airforce to build a better life for himself and his wife before 9/11. He was actually transferred from Afghanistan to Iraq after that, which really bothered me for obvious reasons. I remember watching Bush's speech with his (then very preggo) wife and we were both pretty pissed. We kept asking what the heck Iraq had to do with 9/11. We're still asking, and wondering what ever happened to that Bin Laden guy.

We're all expecting a November surprise.

4. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Imagine what an extra $200 billion would have been able to to in Afghanistan...

We could have done Afghanistan right, but instead BushCo needed something to justify those orange alerts and create enough fear to get Bush re-elected.

5. skunk thread starter macrumors G4

skunk

What's more, as I suspected long ago, they don't want to catch Bin Laden.

If they do, they lose their excuse for the War on Terror. Gotta have an enemy.

6. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

Not until they need to. Then they'll just create some other Big Bad. Like the guy from Iran.