Karaoke Software for Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Applications and Mac App Store' started by seabass069, Oct 26, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

Do you guys know of any really good Karaoke software that works with mac?

2. macrumors 68040

shamino

I know of two programs that can rip/play CD+G discs. Can't say how good either might be.
    • kTunes. A work in progress, but the feature list looks promising. Not free, but pretty inexpensive. If it works as advertised, it should be a great program. You can download a restricted trial version for evaluation.
    • iStar. Don't know anything about this one other than the fact that the kTunes web site has a chart comparing the two programs
    Note that you will need a CD-ROM drive that can read the graphical subcodes from a CD+G disc. Most of Apple's drives will not. Plextor drives usually will. If your drive can't read the subcodes, you won't get any graphics off of a CD+G disc.

3. macrumors newbie

Gong List Creator

I am just looking to create KJ song lists is there software for that?

QUOTE=shamino;2079856]I know of two programs that can rip/play CD+G discs. Can't say how good either might be.
    • kTunes. A work in progress, but the feature list looks promising. Not free, but pretty inexpensive. If it works as advertised, it should be a great program. You can download a restricted trial version for evaluation.
    • iStar. Don't know anything about this one other than the fact that the kTunes web site has a chart comparing the two programs
    Note that you will need a CD-ROM drive that can read the graphical subcodes from a CD+G disc. Most of Apple's drives will not. Plextor drives usually will. If your drive can't read the subcodes, you won't get any graphics off of a CD+G disc.[/QUOTE]

4. macrumors newbie

Kjams

There is also a programs called KJAMS.

5. macrumors newbie

yes, kTunes is the former name of kJams. I'm pretty sure you want kJams.

6. macrumors newbie

re: free Karaoke Software for Mac

After a very long time of searching I found a great karaoke creation program for Mac (and its FREE).

Click Here:http://www.griffintechnology.com/support/ikaraoke

It allows you to copy and paste song lyrics and attach it to your favorite songs, then easily sync up the lyrics with the song. (Push sync lyrics and use spacebar to tell it when the word is spoken). It then puts out a Iphone/Ipod file that is readable in itunes. You can also use this together with kjams for added effects.

Best to you!

7. macrumors newbie

KaraokeTube - Karaoke app for mac

Hi seabass069, try KaraokeTube (you can find on Mac App Store) or look on
    http://karaoketubeapp.com