Kasparov to take on Deep Junior

Discussion in 'Community' started by G4scott, Aug 9, 2002.

1. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

OK, the stupid URL thing didn't work... Now it should, though...

Here is an article about Kasparov's upcoming match against Deep Junior... I also read this somewhere else, but I can't remember where...

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's interesting but can the computer dump the chessboard on the floor when it's losing? :D

Those first electronic chess computers were pitiful. Now, a TI calculator could easily outplay them with a very simple program.

3. G4scott thread starter macrumors 68020

G4scott

That's funny... I had a really good chess program on my Ti-89, and I think it learned from my moves... I did a strategy where you can beat the other player in a couple of moves, if he doesn't stop you, but I was only able to do it once, and it never let me do it again... The program took forever on it's best level, but on an 18mhz processor, what can you say?

4. iGav macrumors G3

5. Jays macrumors member

I read yesterday that he will be playing in Israel to promote peace, there will also be games between Israeli and palastenian kids.

6. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Well, I think the first chess programs for small computers were running at 1 MHz 6502 or Z80 processors. As computers caught on, they had them on either Apple, Atari, or Commodore machines running from 1-2 MHz...whew!