"Katie! Why is your bill 53 Pages?"

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by katie ta achoo, Aug 20, 2007.

1. macrumors G3

[​IMG]

I was padding around the house barefoot and half-conscious getting ready to go to work. My dad came into the room, shaking a bundle of papers.

"Katie! Why is your phone bill Fifty Three Pages?!"
    --"Huh? What are you talking about? Give me my mail! Stop opening my mail!"
    "I thought it was our home phone, but still... 53 pages?!"

[​IMG]

(forgive the size and quality. I took it with the iPhone because my camera was either stolen from me or I lost it.)

Read Full Article

2. macrumors P6

Peace

hehehehe..

Sorry Katie.I have to laugh..
    I'd go with paperless billing and save a few hundred trees.

AT&T is really stupid but I LOVE my iPhone.

3. macrumors 603

siurpeeman

i'm semi-tempted (ok, not really) to switch back to paper billing to see how many pages my data bill would be. but wow, 53 pages is some stuff. of the time you spend browsing, how much of it is spent on the phone and how much on the computer?

4. macrumors 6502a

IEatApples

A 53 pages bill!!! :eek: :eek: :eek: Now there's something that CAN steal your soul! :D :p ;)

5. macrumors 68040

Kingsly

Oh bugger. I can't wait to get my bill... I make full use of the unlimited data feature, and am on a 1500/month text plan.
    :(

6. thread starter macrumors G3

Most of the time I'm on my wifi.. I'm really impatient. :p

Now that facebook is mobile... uh-oh. :)

I'm kind of tempted to see how big of a bill I can make, too... I'll recycle the paper when I'm done! :p

7. macrumors newbie

they itemize the data even though it is unlimited?
    its not like those extra pages for data transfers are more billable items right?

8. macrumors 6502a

The Stig

Katie, can I ask how much that cost you? If that is ok. If not, I understand.

The Stig

9. arn
    macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

These are unlimited data accounts, so cost is not affected by how many pages of data (which this is primarily) your iPhone bill is.

arn

10. macrumors regular

Imagine how much they could lower our rates if they quit this corporate nonsense. Unlimited data, and they detail every single hit on the network like they were creating a bill to satisfy their own accountants.

You can't even put the iPhone on one of their 'business' plans... clueless behemoth - att

I use the electronic billing... my carbon footprint is already big enough.

11. Moderator emeritus

AmbitiousLemon

As of August 10th AT&T is switching to summary billing for iPhone customers. If you want to continue receiving the uber paper bill you'll have to pay an extra $2.

12. macrumors 68040

ghall

Wow! My phone bill would probably be close to 800 pages long if I had an iPhone. I think I'll be using electronic billing when I get one.

And answer to the Ents. No thanks. :)

13. macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

My bill was 12 pages long and not itemized... I don't know why you guys are getting these massive bills.

14. macrumors 65816

chr1s60

I have a family plan, but my section of the bill was 35 pages when I looked at it in PDF. ATT has a pretty good online billing system. I would recommend signing up for anyone who is concerned about the environment or simply doesn't like getting phone bills that look like packages.

15. macrumors member

mine was 6

16. macrumors 6502

Calvinatir

Mine is 85...still comes in envelope form though...a 2nd iPhone is on the way too, so am i lookin at 150? lol

17. macrumors 68030

Benjamindaines

Yeah mine was 6 pieces of paper front and back making it 12.

18. macrumors 65816

teleromeo

do they make a hard copy of every call you make ?

19. macrumors newbie

That's just a bit on the wild side. I think AT&T wants to show you that the iphone is worth every penny... and byte of EDGE data.

20. macrumors P6

MacDawg

You would think out of 53 pages there would be at least 1 call or text to me. :eek: But alas, my phone has been silent.

Anybody else depressed because they weren't on the 53 pages?

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]

21. macrumors G4

dmw007

I just got my first bill for my iPhone and it was not even close to 53 pages. :p :cool: :)

22. macrumors 6502a

boss1

Many messages, emails and documents are being transmitted digitally now a days. This is one of the few, great and good advances human civilization has made from all the new modern day technology.

Millions if not billions of what would have been printed and snail mailed paper are now being sent more efficiently digitally, saving trees, and our environment!

The world was starting to steer in a positive direction until......... AT&T decided it would be a good idea to print out every single piece of digitally transmitted data sent and then snail mail it back to you.

23. macrumors 6502

wakka092

I didn't even see data transfers on my bill. I just saw text and calls, so the Aug. 10 consolidated iPhone bill is no BS..

24. macrumors 6502a

While I was vacationing on the Cape this weekend, I heard a similar story about ATT's paper billing for iPhone accounts. Of course, the version I heard was roughly 300 pages, but I am certain that's an exaggeration. I've been paperless myself as I'm very eco-conscious. I can understand why people may prefer paper billing, but being sent a book-like bill is inexcusable. There is no need to review every data transfer on an unlimited data account. Completely pointless, and further sheds light on ATT's "tracking" of their customers. Privacy is a thing of the past I suppose. :(

25. macrumors 68030

Iscariot

Change your name, and your sibling(s) name(s) to "Katie".

Problem solved.