Katie's iPhone Mix

Discussion in 'iOS Blog Discussion' started by katie ta achoo, Jan 28, 2008.

1. macrumors G3

May 2, 2005

This post is actually written by arn, but categorized in Katie's posts. Katie had her own reasons for stopping her column, but things ended amicably between us. This is a previously unpublished iTunes mix from Katie which will serve as her last post. - arn.

Katie's iPhone Mix - Songs I love put into a playlist for easy iPhone in-car listening.

1. When Your Mind's Made Up - Glen Hansard & Marketa Irglova
    2. The Bitch is Back - Elton John
    3. No Hay Manera (Jason Roberts Remix) - Akwid
    4. Hell Yes - Beck
    5 .Swollen Summer - The Bravery
    6. Novotel - Adam Green
    7. There's Always Someone Cooler Than You - Ben Folds
    8. Mess - Ben Folds Five
    9. I'm Lookin for Someone to Love - Buddy Holly & The Crickets
    10. Don't Tell Mama - Original Broadway Cast
    11. Boys Keep Swinging - David Bowie
    12. Bruised - The Bens
    13. Rock Me Amadeus - Falco
    14. Ding Don Song (Almighty Mix) - Gunther & the Sunshine Girls & The Sunshine Girls
    15. Kate - Ben Folds Five
    16. Improper Dancing - Electric Six
    17. The Strangest Secret In the World - London Elektricity
    18. Work Song - Nellie McKay
    19. Songs of Love - Ben Folds

Article Link
  2. Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

Sep 19, 2002
    Q Division, Los Angeles
    According to iTunes, that's 6 Pop, 5 Rock, 4 Alternative, 2 Soundtrack, 1 Electronic, and 1 Latin.

But their classifications often baffle me. To me, Ding Dong Song sounds at least as electronic as The Strangest Secret In the World, and I'd call Mess a pop song, not a rock song.

But who cares? It's what you like to listen to that counts!
  3. macrumors 6502

Jul 31, 2004
    Denton, TX
  4. Moderator emeritus

Jun 15, 2000
    I was just going to mention that :). The Bens is great as well.
  5. macrumors regular

Jan 22, 2008
  6. macrumors 6502

Aug 29, 2007
    brick nj
    have any one of you guys ever seen what gunther looks like...?

probably the most redic guy ever
  7. macrumors member

Jun 25, 2007
    Houston, Texas
  8. macrumors member

Jun 30, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Why did this make macrumor's iPhone frontpage?
  9. macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2006
    Carlisle, Up Norf!
    Er, It's not on the front page... :confused:
  10. macrumors 68020

Sep 21, 2006
    Glasgow, Scotland
    I think he means here: http://www.macrumors.com/members/iphone/

Edit: And to answer the question, I think it's because Arn can post things wherever he wants, it is his site after all.
  11. macrumors 603

Aug 15, 2006
    Carlisle, Up Norf!
    Mwah. Oops, my bad.
  12. macrumors member

Apr 29, 2005
    Good call on When Your Mind's Made Up... and the rest of the Once soundtrack for that matter.
  13. macrumors regular

Jan 7, 2008
    :rolleyes: yea. this definitely doesn't belong anywhere though.
  14. macrumors 6502

Oct 13, 2001
    Seattle, WA
    Dudes...come on...

Y'all are missing the point. Katie's gone....

Katie! Your writing was witty, entertaining and fun. At least one reader is sad to see you go...Is there another column/blog we can check out if we want to enjoy her writing elsewhere?
  15. macrumors newbie

Feb 27, 2006

Sorry to see you go..but the.....playlist....:eek:!!!....
  16. macrumors 603

She was GIVEN an iPhone so she could post her experiences with it EARLY to MacRumors. She really didn't post very much stuff. She also didn't do much from a "technical" perspective to test features and performances of the device.

I wish her well and appreciated an early perspective from a female. But as far as bloggers go, she was very light on content and posting frequency considering her "mission."

That is my kind hearted opinion.

17. macrumors 6502

May 31, 2005
    Nashville, TN
    A very eclectic mix of tracks on the playlist, I find it rather interesting to see what people consider "jam out" music for driving in the car. It's too bad Katie won't be posting anymore, while her posts did reflect more on her personal experiences, I think I sometimes grow tired of reading just the facts and release/updates information that other sites provide. (not saying that I don't read them, I read MR daily)
  18. macrumors 65816

Dec 7, 2001
    Charleston, SC
    How cool. I just saw Once last night. It took me a moment to realize where I knew 'When your mind's made up' from.

Nice eclectic mix.
  19. macrumors 603

Sep 6, 2002
    Houston, TX
    I miss Katie's blog too, but I sure don't miss all the haters in the comments. That was definitely a low point in the history of the site. methinks people should have been banned rather than discontinuing Katie's blog... alas.

I find it funny that so many of her critics feel the need to re-post their criticisms in every single article connected with her blog... Like we didn't read it the first time.
  20. macrumors Penryn

Jul 11, 2003
    Hear, hear. I respect KTs decision to drop the blog due to the vicious attacks she received. WTF is wrong with people, if you don't like something, move on. I can understand it wasn't technical enough for some people; there were and are still plenty of places to get your tech fix. I also think many were just jealous she was given an iPhone.
  21. macrumors 68000

Jan 28, 2006
    In persona non grata
    I never read the blog much, but I do remember some rather stiff and unkind comments she received.

Sadly this forum is, in many ways, diminished by her absence.

Godspeed katie, and keep an eye out for Chupacabbra's.
  22. macrumors 65816

Jun 28, 2004
    So just because some newbs made some unkind comments, she is calling it quits? I guess there wouldn't be a whole lot more to write about on the iPhone.
  23. Administrator/Editor

Staff Member

Jan 20, 2005
    You might want to see her post here for some more perspective on the situation.
  24. macrumors 65816

Jun 28, 2004
    Well, that explains a lot, thanks for the link. Hope she gets better. Sounds like she needs a change of pace anyways. I mean, I think everyone (especially frugal students) get sick of the repetitiveness of day to day life at some point. That's when I like to take a mini-vacation (cheap one) to somewhere decently far away for a few days. It's amazing what a week's break to a state far away can do for me.
  25. macrumors 6502a

Jul 15, 2003
    Is it really too much to ask for a knowledge reviewer? This is the largest mac-related website and our own reviewer had such awesome revelations as, iPhone: Not a flashlight.

Perhaps the misunderstanding happened when the word blog got involved. This blog has always been more of an iPhone-related journal.