Kazaa for mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by mads, Oct 25, 2002.

1. mads macrumors newbie

I while ago I found a kazaa client for linux, and in the readme they said they were also making it for osx. Does anyone know anything about this?

2. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

Re: Kazaa for mac?

im installing redhat over my old bsd install this afternoon.. ill try it out and see what its like...

-f

3. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

looks good, but it looks like it doesn't have all the features...

Everyone knows about Acquisition, right? it's an awesome app that uses the Gnutella and Morpheus networks.:D

4. Macpoops macrumors 6502

Morpheus is gnuttella now. kazaa and grokster are the only ones out there based on the fastrack protocol. Unfortunately they are far behind in development for anything other then windows. The closest there is for the mac is Neo. And that has to scan ip ranges to find clients. They just added the master server feature which now makes it work basicly in the same was Napster used to.

5. isogonic macrumors newbie

amazon

Does this mean that mac amazon associate purchases will be hijacked as well?

6. macmax macrumors regular

7. Macpoops macrumors 6502

The new iswipe's fastrack portion is more or less the same as Neo. you still have to scan. and to my knowledge iswipe doesn't have a central server like neo does

8. WannabeSQ macrumors 6502

how does this scanning work? Is it normal for computers to be scanned to see what they are running? It feels weird scanning random IPs to find one running fasttrack. Is it legal?

9. Computer_Phreak macrumors 6502

as i have said before, KaZaa is opensource, so why doesnt some person port it? It couldnt be that hard, could it?

10. kenkooler macrumors regular

actually, that´s from the time where kazaa was property of another company, they were going to do a full port for linux but when they sold the software, the new owners cancelled the project.

11. mads thread starter macrumors newbie

12. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

does anyone know of any good file sharing programs that arent iswipe or acquisition(both of which work absolutley horribly if at all, finding nothing at all, and moving at an a$%-slow pace)?(i wish audiogalaxy was still here...:( :( )