Kazaa Platinum For OSX?! Too good to be true?!

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by ffuentes, Jul 23, 2003.

1. ffuentes macrumors newbie

Using Kazaa on my PC a pop-up window came up advertising kazaa platinum, a fee-based Kazaa app that runs on MAC OSX.:D

www.kazaaplatinum.com

Skeptical of a sham, I checked out the site and it seems legitimate. The Kazaaplatinum site even had a ZDNet Editor's Choice logo on their main page, but when I went to ZDNet to read a review I could not find one written for Kazaa Platinum. When I searched all of CNET networks, I still could not find anything.

Seems sketchy to me.

Has anyone tried it out? Any feedback?

2. maradong macrumors 65816

maradong

well sure.
    but who wants spyware feeded, software to p2p like kazaa if there is the oo bittorrent?

3. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

there have been many scams like this before. its a 100% scam

4. hvfsl macrumors 68000

hvfsl

Kazaa is a load of **** anyway, it messed up my PC with spyware and massively slowed it down. There is no way of getting rid of it unless you wipe the computer. I will be sticking to Limewire, it may not be as good as Kazaa (in terms of the number of people using it) but it does not have the spyware.

5. TheT macrumors 6502

No way

There have been scams like this before... but this time, I'm too lazy to read all this small printed stuff...

Just go with Poisoned, a really easy-to-use giFT client... it connects to Gnutella, OpenFT and Fasttrack... yes, that would be Kaaza, right! Do a search for it on VersionTracker... I just replaced Acquisition with this neat lil prog.

6. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

That's why there is KaZaA Lite :rolleyes: ;)

7. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

Kazaa lite is a form of Kazaa, however, it infringes on Kazaa's trademarks and copyrights. I am pretty sure I read this in Computer Shopper.

8. Capt Underpants macrumors 68030

Capt Underpants

I accidentall posted a second time, and I don't know how to delete this. Please forgive me for my newbie mistake. If a mod can delete this, that wouldbe great.

9. triton macrumors regular

Is there a version of Kazaa lite for the Mac?

10. medea macrumors 68030

medea

question: why would you pay for a program you use to download pirated material?

11. h'biki macrumors regular

Ah yes, and we should respect the trademarks and copyrights of software which is designed to let people infringe the trademarks and copyrights of others!

12. LethalWolfe macrumors G3

LethalWolfe

D@mn someone beat me to it. :D

Lethal

13. QCassidy352 macrumors G3

QCassidy352

software which is *capable* of infringing on the trademarks and copyrights of others. It's *designed* to share files, period.

14. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

Question: why would someone pay for a license to use Acquisition?

Answer: people are stupid.

:)

15. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

A-MEN
    ( I like the people with broadband who think they should get a special network JUST for themselves to keep the 56Kers away...:rolleyes: theft is theft no matter how fast you do it.)

I feel the same way about paying for a browser since they're almost all free (except Opera & OmniWeb)

16. pEZ macrumors 6502

17. mrjamin macrumors 65816

mrjamin

found this on bash.org:

18. MrMacMan macrumors 604

MrMacMan

And by the time you get to work you have atleast 100 users sharing your file!

w00t w00t. :rolleyes:

Anyone who says 'we have KaZaA on the mac' is lying, we have the protocal which allows us to access users using KaZaA through Gift and mlMac.

19. mislabeledstar macrumors regular

mlmac is a pretty good program....... it's still in beta but it connects to edonkey and kazzaa

20. eromitlab macrumors newbie

pfft... aquisition is a waste of time... Kazaa is nothing but windows users, therefore... lame. Limewire is a good bet (I can get nearly anything I want through it). The best way to go is to use Direct Connect... it's the best way to get your love and share it too :) w00t!!

I mean, if I'm going to do something illegal... I might as well help someone else that's trying to do the same thing! Kinda like looting.