Kazaa

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by Macpoops, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Macpoops macrumors 6502

When oh when will someone please build a fully compatible fast track client for the mac OS. I'll even settle for OS 9. Some one please;. Hell if i knew how to do it i would. Right now the closestest think we have to the fast track based grokester, morpheus, kazaa client is Neo it;s great but you have to scan IPs for other fast track clients whic just isn;t fun or effiecent. And for those of you out there who are going to complain about Music copyrights, Napster, yada yada yada. i want it for other reasons then just music and even if i did music is music and if it's played anywhere it can be recorded in some way shape or form so don;t go off the deepend. After all after napster died how many people still got music from Kazaa, grokster, morpeus, gnuetlla, hotline, etc... whatever. no mater what you used to still got what you wanted whether it was right or legal. So P2P is here to stay and you'll get what you want regardless of what RIAA or the MPAA or any body else has to say.

This one thing is always true no matter what you do: If we all do the same thing at the same time they can't stop us all.

I challenge anyone to prove me wrong

2. Bastich macrumors regular

3. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I want KaZaa for Mac to! Neo sucks! (well that's what I think):rolleyes:

4. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

iSwipe?...its alright..And I agree poops, P2P is here to stay!!! go hotline and KDX!!!!!woo-hoo..

5. bunton macrumors member

Limewire

Yeah Limewire is ok but Kazaa for OSX would be more amazing and way better for many reasons but Limwire doesnt even work as well and does not have as many files, how about a Kazaa for macs that can share with other macs and take from pc's but pc's obviously would have trouble taking from us. Maybe Apple should do this then that would attract the pc faithfulls, not a mp3 player, the ipod!

6. Skandranon macrumors regular

Kazaa client...

Is Acquisition:

1) OS 9 native?
    2) A Kazaa client?

All I know is that I replaced Limewire with it earlier this week and it totally blows the Java fatware away.

7. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Acquisition is OS X native, and it's a Gnutella client same as Limewire. It's written in Cocoa. As for it blowing away LImewire, well I'll agree that it's faster and less bloated, but I still can't download sh*t. Such is life in the Gnutella fast lane, I guess. :)

8. Macpoops thread starter macrumors 6502

Hey is anyone out there wants to get cracking on this anytime soon it would be appreciated i think everyone would enjoy it. Somebody out there has to know carbon or cocoa enough to be able to figure out how fast track works and write it into mac code

9. ryme4reson macrumors 6502

Limewire

I have used Neo, and limewire, and I must say after paying for the bannerless version limewire has become much faster. It was well worth my 9 dollars. Also, I find Neo is good, but only works for music and not movies, and files. Lastly, I was playing in OS9, my Ti550 is sometimes too slow in 10 so I run Dreamweaver and PS in 9. Well, I got Limewire running WITH banners in 9, and wow its soooo much faster than OSX. Now I know Java is Java, and it should be platform independent, so why is OSX JVM so ****ty? After all those months with Limewire in X responding to my clicks like a iMac 333 running 10.0, I am now satisfied about my $2k investment. Sadly, I have to run 9 and not 10 to make me feel like I have a powerful computer.

On a side note, I am at work, my last day in the US Air Force, and My coworker is a huge PC gamer, and we are going to load and play WCIII on my Ti. He has a PC ~600MHZ at home. I hope this games runs decent, I dont want to look like an ass...

10. DrGrip84 macrumors newbie

so, is limewire currently the BEST option for mac users? how large is the user base?

kazaa on my peecee has a huge database for music, video, images, software etc. if this power could only be tapped by my mac...

11. ryme4reson macrumors 6502

WCIII

Well we are playing WCIII and I am really pleased with the game on my Ti550 w/ 512 Ram. I didnt look like an ass, and my co worker says his looks better only because its CRT and not TFT like my TiBook.

12. topicolo macrumors 68000

topicolo

Re: WCIII

Can you say... off topic? :)

13. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Acquisition is also a morpheus client, when look at the connections I have limewire servers, gnutella, morpheus and bearshare.

14. LimeiBook86 macrumors 604

LimeiBook86

I can! I can!:rolleyes: ;) :p

15. MacUser1 macrumors 6502

MacUser1

Morpehus

But hasn't Morpheus gotten away from the fasttrack network?

16. taeclee99 macrumors 6502a

taeclee99

Morpheus is now a gnutella client and is no longer a part of the Fast Track Network. As of this moment the only way to run kazaa on a mac is on virtual pc.

17. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Can't somebody please make a kazaa program, who has a good knowledge of carbon and pc progamming.

18. Macpoops thread starter macrumors 6502

Maybe take the progress made with neo and build on it to be fully compatible. cause no one wants to scan ips looking for clients. Can someone atleast do that or possible collaborate with the neo guy for it

19. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

I tried neo and it sux! It took me half an hour to find a host.

20. Macpoops thread starter macrumors 6502

Neo has a central server now for lists. sounds too much like napster for my liking but it is better then nothing. It;s making progress

21. King Cobra macrumors 603

W-_-W, did you download the starter kit, to make your life any easier?

I have tried:
    Limewire 9/X
    Neo X
    Acquisition X
    Mactella 9/X

In order of suck d!!!, my least favorites are Mactella, Limewire, Neo. Acquisition has been quite a help for OS X files.

I did see one recommendation for Fern, a beta for OS X.

I also saw one recommendation for DrumBeat (for OS 9, with an OS X version coming soon, I haven't recently checked), but that is $30. However, with Drumbeat, I've been told you get Petabytes worth of files, much more than the little GB/TB you find with Fogwire or Neo-ed.

22. Captnroger macrumors regular

Might be a dumb question, but with a app like Carracho, why bother with anything else?

I have a registered Limewire pro, but still like Carracho better.

23. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Because it is a pain in the butt to find a good carracho server and then all these passwords come into play, some of us can not be bothered to upload.

24. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

Carracho can be better, but I prefer LimeWire. It is getting better and better too. Messing with servers and passwords on Carracho/Hotline is to time consuming. I want Kazaa....

25. Wes macrumors 68020

Wes

Any of you using limewire go to xlife.org and get acquisition it is so much better.

edit: Yes only 350 more to go!