KDS Monitor Compatibility

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by lsandpiper, Jul 4, 2004.

1. lsandpiper macrumors newbie

Hello. I am new here. I would greatly appreciate some adivice.

I would like to know what determines whether a monitor will be compatible with a Mac. I'm trying to buy a used one because my presnt one is slowing dying. I have a G3 beige desktop and I primarily do artwork and desktop publishing. I found a used 19" Monitor called: KDS AV 195TF CRT. THE KDS website says: "all our monitors are Mac compatible, you just need an adaptor" - but I'm not sure I can trust them. The person who is selling it also thinks it is compatible, but it is not his expertise. By the way. it is 2 years old and it will cost $100.00 delivered, if I buy it.

Will it work? If I need an adaptor, do I need a different one from the one I'm already using for my present monitor which is called a KDS-7300.

Thank you so much.

Thank you so much.

lsandpiper

2. crazzyeddie macrumors 68030

crazzyeddie

If you already have an adapter, it will work perfectly with the new monitor.

3. BrianKonarsMac macrumors 65816

it will work. My 933 G4 that i gave to my parents works flawlessy with a 8-9 year old Gateway VX700 CRT. The G4 even recognizes the monitor model (labels it as VX700 in Display preferences) and auto-detects it's resolutions (which are PC resolutions, which I found bizarre, in a very good way).

i think any monitor will work, just make sure it is the correct output to input, or you have an adapter (i'd assume it's VGA for ~$100) you may need a VGA to DVI adapter or VGA to ADC, i don't know what your monitor input is.

4. lsandpiper thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for Monitor help

Thanks very much for the advice