Keep 15GB UNOPENED iPod or Upgrade?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by MacAztec, Sep 3, 2004.

1. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Hi. I just got a brand new unopened iPod 15GB (3G) for my birthday. I also got an exo2 iSkin with it. Eventually, I will have an iPod wired in my car (ford focus zx3). My question is, should I sell this one on eBay and upgrade to the 20GB new model? I only have about 7GB of music. Or, should I use the money for better speakers/deck?

Thanks.

2. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

<jedi hand wave trick>You will send the iPod to me as an unbirthday present.</jedi hand wave trick>

Seriously, that is a tough one. The money you get from it wouldn't be enough to pay for the new one so you have to make up the difference. That means less cool system in the car or longer till you get it. I guess stay with the 15 if you want a good system.

Of course, we still don't know about the hidden features rumored in the 4G iPods. Those could be something you really want or they could be nothing.

3. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

You're going to only get maybe half the price of a new 20GB for the 3G 15GB 'pod. $150 or so for an extra 5GB and a rumored set of possible new functionality.

I say keep the 15GB and love it.

4. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

Ok well I opened it and have it hooked up. I opened it very very carefully (took like 10 minutes). If I do decide to sell it, it will look brand new, still in shrinkwrap. The second I opened it I put it in the exo2 iSkin so it will never get a scratch.

What do you think the new features will be on the 4g?

5. kgarner macrumors 68000

kgarner

Like jsw said, they are rumored features. As for possibilities I haven't really thought of any that i think are very plausible so i will just wait and see. I am pretty confident that whatever they are, the are going to things that allow for 3rd party add on to the digital hub idea. Probably not anything earth shattering, just some nice extras for those who may find a utility in it.

6. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

well, this is a little beside the point, but it seems a little rude to return a birthday present.

anyway, keep the 15 gig. you only have 7 gigs of music, and if you're hardwiring it to your car, you should get a nice car stereo.

7. BakedBeans macrumors 68040

BakedBeans

i like the 3gs better than i like the 4gs... but us apple users must have the latest stuff.... i would keep it... its really nice

8. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

Does your ipod get the rainbow effect?

9. MacAztec thread starter macrumors 68040

MacAztec

10. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude