Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

blackberrycubed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
All,

I am trying to figure out if El capitan works better on the macbook vs the new Sierra. I am currently running the latest El Capitan on it and have no complains.

Those of who you have experience with both on this machine what do you recommend from your experience ?

Thanks!

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
i kept el cap on my 2016 MB for 2 days, then moved to sierra. can't say i see much 'obvious' differences. but sierra's been fast and stable here, my main concerns (always). and i'm running all the betas...

blackberrycubed

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 26, 2013
ok, just wanted to make sure there is no reason to hold back on to el capitan due to issues or limitations.

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
it's an endless cycle; some people have stellar experiences on a new OS, others have problems (for a variety of reasons). so, there's no absolute certainty that your experience will be better (or, of course, worse).

you have no complaints? then move to sierra if you have a reason for it; at least, have a plan in case you want to roll back to el cap.

evec

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2016
Sierra Safari had some performance issue and not stable as El.
However, USB 3.0 had huge problem in El.Captain, so upgrade will better.

Reactions: blackberrycubed

fisherking

macrumors G4
Jul 16, 2010
ny somewhere
Sierra Safari had some performance issue and not stable as El.
However, USB 3.0 had huge problem in El.Captain, so upgrade will better.

right... true for you. i've experienced neither problem (usb in el cap, safari performance issues in sierra). are you running any 3rd-party extensions in sierra?

evec

macrumors regular
Jun 8, 2016
right... true for you. i've experienced neither problem (usb in el cap, safari performance issues in sierra). are you running any 3rd-party extensions in sierra?
Only JAVA and Flash extensions installed and default not use

asoksevil

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2010
London, UK
I don't usually update to the latest OS until the new one is out, so right now I'm sticking to El Capitán until Sierra is done updating itself with patches. El Cap is fluid, flawless and no stuttering whatsoever. Sierra doesn't provide me any new features that I can possibly use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.