Keep 'em or get rid of them... (pro speakers)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mulletman13, Sep 9, 2004.

1. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

Jul 1, 2004
    Los Angeles.
    Hey all...

I recently purchased open box Apple Pro Speakers for $19 shipped... and considering the mixed reviews, was this a good idea or a bad one? I have the MDD Dual 867 Mac, which these will work with, so that's not a problem.

I have a pretty decent pair of older IBM speakers on my desk now... good, full sound. While I'm waiting for these speakers to ship... should I turn right around and sell them? Are they worth it for me to keep them? I mean the IBM speakers can go right to my PB-- as I've been needing speakers for them. *or* should I sell the pro speakers and buy some better ones?

Thanks for the input... I guess I'll be able to make the decision once they arrive... but for $19 I just couldn't pass them up :eek:
  2. jsw Moderator emeritus

Mar 16, 2004
    Andover, MA
    The Pros on my 2-year-old iMac sound great. I don't think you went wrong for $19. They're not audiophile-grade, of course, but I think they're quite decent for their size and price.
  3. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

May 20, 2004
    Lawrence, KS
    i might be interested in buying if you decide to sell