Keep 'em or get rid of them... (pro speakers)

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by mulletman13, Sep 9, 2004.

1. mulletman13 macrumors 6502a

mulletman13

Hey all...

I recently purchased open box Apple Pro Speakers for $19 shipped... and considering the mixed reviews, was this a good idea or a bad one? I have the MDD Dual 867 Mac, which these will work with, so that's not a problem.

I have a pretty decent pair of older IBM speakers on my desk now... good, full sound. While I'm waiting for these speakers to ship... should I turn right around and sell them? Are they worth it for me to keep them? I mean the IBM speakers can go right to my PB-- as I've been needing speakers for them. *or* should I sell the pro speakers and buy some better ones?

Thanks for the input... I guess I'll be able to make the decision once they arrive... but for $19 I just couldn't pass them up :eek:

2. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

The Pros on my 2-year-old iMac sound great. I don't think you went wrong for $19. They're not audiophile-grade, of course, but I think they're quite decent for their size and price.

3. jtgotsjets macrumors 6502

jtgotsjets

i might be interested in buying if you decide to sell