Keep my "Fatty Nano" or buy the 4G Nano

Discussion in 'iPod' started by gan6660, Sep 9, 2008.

1. macrumors 65816

Aug 18, 2008
    Hey everyone I have heard alot of stories that people dont like their fatty 3g nanos so i was wondering do like them or the 4g nano better.

:apple:iPod Touch
    :apple:iPod Nano 3G
    :apple:iPod Shuffle 1G
    :apple:Broken 1G nano
    :apple:new Hp laptop with Blu ray arriving tommorow!YEA
  2. macrumors 6502a

Feb 6, 2007
    When I saw pics of the short 3g nanos for the first time I hated it and preferred the 2g sticks all the way. But when I went to the Apple store and actually held one I began to really like them with their balanced squarish dimensions. Now we're back to the stick design but now I don't think the tall LCD design suits the stick shape of the body. The curve is a nice touch, but aesthetic wise, it would have looked better if the LCD was horizontal again and not vertical.
  3. thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 18, 2008
    Your right I didnt like the fatty in the pictures but i loved them in the apple store also your right about the screen this new vertical screen looks like a cheap knock off on ebay but i wait till i hold it.
  4. macrumors 65816

Jul 31, 2007
    1. Which screen is essentially bigger?

2. Which one is better for watching movies on?

Besides, the design and accelerometer, any other differences? (Oh yea, and I guess Genius too)
  5. macrumors regular

Sep 13, 2007
    Both the 3g nano and 4g nano have 2inch screens, once I found that out there was nothing really to convince me to change my 3g for a 4g.
  6. macrumors 65816

Jun 21, 2007
    When I first saw the leaked pics, I assumed a slightly bigger screen was the reason they did it. Obviously I was wrong.

Count me as another one that didn't like the squatty one until I saw it. Chances are I'll like the 4G better when I see it too. Happens every time.
  7. macrumors 603

NC MacGuy

Feb 9, 2005
    The good side of the grass.
    I do believe the battery spec. loses an hour of video playback in the new one vs. the chubby. I like the chubby too.
  8. macrumors 68000

Jul 30, 2008
    Vancouver, BC & Sydney, NSW
    Gotta agree, I didn't like them when I first saw them either...but after using one I loved it. I purchased the most recent (and final) generation: 8gb.
  9. macrumors 68020

Sep 11, 2006
    Sacramento, CA USA
    Frankly, I'm keeping my 3G nano (8 GB) for now. The reason is simple: even with the SwitchEasy Biscuit case over the player I can easily stuff my nano in a pants pocket or shirt pocket, something that might not be so easy to do with the "taller" nanos. Besides, I don't see much in the way of improved functionality compared to my 3G nano.
  10. thread starter macrumors 65816

Aug 18, 2008