Keep my Ibook G4 or return for new Imac?

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by ieani, Feb 1, 2006.

  1. ieani macrumors 6502a

    ieani

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2006
    Location:
    the states for now
    #1
    My refurb Ibook G4 14" (got it for the super drive) just arrived. But I went to the apple store last weekend and loved the new imacs. My original plan was to use this Ibook and just wait on the iMac revisions. But after playing with the new imacs I want to return this ibook and order a new imac. Also news of a better intel ibook with widescreen came out. And it probably would not cost much more than my current ibook. I want to have an ibook and imac configuration but cannot figure out the best solution.

    Im a switcher(aka cannot wait to use a Mac), whats the best way to go?

    Keep ibook and get memrom imac.
    Keep ibook, sell on ebay when macbook comes out and then buy macbook; buy new imac in fall.
    Return ibook get new imac, get macbook when it comes out or ibook at a cheaper price than this one. <<<the amount of time it would take before I finally got my imac and that the imac will soon be revised are the only things keeping me from making this decision now>>>

    EDIT: One problem with the new Imac is that it does not look like Ill be able to play free xbox online with it. Another indecision is whether this inability is a real factor in this decision.
     
  2. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

    Eidorian

    Joined:
    Mar 23, 2005
    Location:
    Indianapolis
    #2
    I'd return it if you're willing to get the iMac. If it's what you REALLY want get your money back on the iBook and get the iMac.
     
  3. wangahrah macrumors newbie

    Joined:
    Feb 22, 2001
    #3
    I wouldn't worry too much about waiting for rev B mactels, if thats what you mean...

    I'd chalk the decision up entirely to how much you want to be portable. The intel imacs will kick the crap out of your iBook in everything..except portability. If you don't really need to carry it around with you, I'd recommend returning the iBook, and spend a number of tearful, lonely nights waiting for your iMac to come in...I know your pain=)

    Michael
     
  4. gunm macrumors member

    Joined:
    Jan 23, 2006
    Location:
    HI
    #4
    Keep the G4 and wait for Merom/Conroe.

    I picked up a 20" Duo Core Imac (my first Apple computer ever) and I'm very satisfied with it--no regrets--but based on your post, I think you know you would benefit by waiting.
     
  5. ieani thread starter macrumors 6502a

    ieani

    Joined:
    Jan 3, 2006
    Location:
    the states for now
    #5
    This is the best decision but its so hard to make. I wish i could get a loaner mac from someone to play around with and hold me over. Im really just excited to learn a new OS.
     

Share This Page