Keep or return: The tale of the $800 50" HDTV

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by MovieCutter, Feb 20, 2007.

1. MovieCutter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

So I walked into Wal-Mart for a pair of pants...a simple pair of pants. Flannel sleeping pants. That's all, but right at the front of the store...there's 2 50" DLP HDTVs staring me in the face. Both floor models. One is a Samsung with 2 HDMI inputs and all the other bells and whistles. The other a Hitachi with 1 HDMI cable. The Samsung was $800, down from $1200 earlier in the day and down from a MSRP of $1800. The Hitachi was $1000. What the hell else am I supposed to do but buy the 50" DLP HDTV!!!!???? (And here's the kicker, it fit in the back of my Toyota Corolla!!!) I get it home, fire it up (I turned it on in the store but there was no HD signal), and it's great. Picture is clear and bright and contrasty, etc.

So now I'm thinking I'm selling my place, and moving to DC in a matter of weeks...and I just bought this big ass tv. Is it worth keeping it? What would you do!!!???

2. buffalo macrumors 65816

Is there any reason you can not move the TV aswell? I'd say keep it if it works well, you know you bought it for a good price and can afford / justify the cost.

3. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

4. MovieCutter thread starter macrumors 68040

MovieCutter

I'm thinking of that as well...

5. Allotriophagy macrumors 6502a

Did it come in a big box? Can you fit in the big box? Perhaps you could live inside the big box.

Oh God, that would rock. You could draw on little windows and curtains.