keeping a white MB clean

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by OrangeCuse44, Dec 5, 2006.

1. OrangeCuse44 macrumors 65816

OrangeCuse44

Any advice on how to keep a white Macbook as clean as possible?

2. Romulus macrumors regular

3. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

I think MB's plastic will get dirty over the course of months even if you tried to keep it clean. If you want to keep it clean, you would need to cover it with something like Marware's protection pack. I have Marware's protection pack for my 15" MPB and 12" PB. So far, it is working well.
    Another alternative is to use Palm's screen protector on the wrist rest areas. That is transparent and does the job well. I used them with my iBook and I was able to keep it as white as it was new.

4. kwood macrumors 6502a

kwood

I second that. But its imperative that you let it dry in the dryer.

5. deadpixels macrumors 6502a

deadpixels

and if that doesn't help try this :D :D :D
    [​IMG]

6. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I haven't bought a Macbook yet (soon though) but I plan on purchasing BestSkinsEver's full body skin for the Macbook which covers the top, bottom, palm rests and touchpad. That should keep the MB clean.

7. adandl macrumors newbie

i would go with Durex condoms ;-)

8. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

I prefer Crown. Suppose to be made in Japan, skinless skin is the best. :D

9. KipCoon macrumors regular

KipCoon

Can be like me! Speck hard case that locks onto the outter shell, iSkin keyboard protector, and bestskinsever.com's wrist pad covers and trackpad cover...

Must keep looking pretty... Yesss.... :D

10. bodeh6 macrumors 6502a

bodeh6

With my iBook I used Clean Dr. and the include microfiber cloth. I would do it at least 1-2 times per week. Just wipe the whole thing down. Top, bottom, inside screen, palm area, etc.

11. setso macrumors member

..daily on a BlackBook ..or at least every third day, the full program :rolleyes: ..cleaning petrol on the display makes it even more shiny

12. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

I'm a little confused by the question, as Macbooks don't get dirty very easily. I've never had a problem keeping my go-everywhere, do-everything iBook shiny, and my dad has never had problems with his Macbook. Any smudges or dirt just wipe right off.

13. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

My friend bought the prevous white MB when they had the free iPod deal in the summer. The wrist area already has some brown coloration, I tried rubbing it with my finger and it wouldn't come off. I'm definitely getting the iSkin keyboard protector, BestSkinsEver full body protector as well as a screen protector. Like BSE's motto, "Unhealthy obsessed with keeping your stuff shiny."