keeping my Al PB and TiPB with X 10.3.7 in top notch shape

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by YS2003, Jan 8, 2005.

1. YS2003 macrumors 68020

YS2003

After reading threds after threds on this forum, I found running disk repair permission and "sudo sh /etc/daily," sudo sh /etc/weekly," and sudo sh /etc/monthly" on the regular basis will help Mac OS X in good shpae. Those, I do. If there are corrupt files, damage files, or any irregular files which may disrupt Mac OS X, do those abovementioned regimen will keep those bad things in check? I am curious to know how to keep OS X in top notch shape (like a preventivie medicen, rather than taking actions after getting sick).

I have Al PB 15" and Ti TB 15" with OS X 10.3.7.

YS2003

2. johnnyjibbs macrumors 68030

johnnyjibbs

Doing these two things should pretty much keep your Mac in shape. I would also stay clear of hacks and system level enhancements (e.g. Shapeshift or OS X themes, etc) as these things mess around with important files and sometimes a routine Apple OS upgrade can break a system that has been changed like this.

Panther, I beilieve, also defrags files on the fly up to 20MB so that should be fine. I've noticed that my Mac never seems to slow down and clog up with use and when downloading files, unlike my spyware infested PC.