Keeping track of minutes

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Natesac, Jul 1, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502a

Natesac

I feel pretty confident that I can keep my anytime usage under 450.(fingers crossed for VOIP) I plan on getting unlimited text cause I text more than I talk. The 3g will be my first iphone and first at&t contract.

Does the phone or at&t website keep track of my minutes? so that I can keep from going over.

2. macrumors 6502a

Shannighan

*646#

call that and they send you a text with the minutes used

3. macrumors 68040

nickspohn

or for a complete overview, create a login at wireless.att.com

4. macrumors 603

Do the *646# SMS (also available in the Settings) or you can look at stuff on the AT&T Web site through your account. The star feature is much easier and it's free. It's technically *MIN# (minutes), and you can also do *BAL# (balance) and a couple of others.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Natesac

thanks, both posts were both clear and helpful. somthing these boards need more of.

6. macrumors 6502a

citron230

I check my minute usage on wireless.att.com. you can also check to see how many minutes you have in your rollever bank.

7. macrumors newbie

8. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

at&t has an app in the app store that allows you to track minutes, data, etc. I use it to keep track of my family plan.

Edit: Didn't realize this was a zombie thread.

9. macrumors 603

scaredpoet

Bear in mind: if you get the unlimited texting plan, then you can get unlimited calling to any US mobile phone (regardless of network) included at no additional charge. Plus, you'll have 1500 night/weekend minutes.

I text more than I talk, but I still use about 1,000 minutes a month. Even so, I'm on the 450 minute plan because 90% of my calls are to other cell numbers. So, not only am I still well within the plan, but I'm even backing hundreds of rollover minutes every month.

Those rollover minutes can come in handy by the way. Once I did have to set up a lengthy conference call for work with 4 other phone lines, and the easiest way to do it ended up being on my iPhone (which on AT&T can conference up to 5 people in a call at once). That month I did blow away my 450 minutes, but I had thousands of rollover minutes that easily covered the overage.

10. macrumors 68020

killerrobot

Neither did ken984 nor scaredpoet. That's what happens with the zombie threads, one post and you're zombiefied.