keeps saying not enough space

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by keeneye, Mar 3, 2007.

1. keeneye macrumors newbie

I have a dual 450 with tow harddrives that look like they have 10gigs of space each left on them. everytime I start up the computer or even add software it keeps saying not enough space. Can someone help me.
    Thanks

2. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

3. mac-convert macrumors 6502a

mac-convert

I might be good to post some more information about your problem, os version, more specs on the machine - you say two hard drives - is one of them the boot drive, or is there another one involved?

Help us help you :confused:

4. keeneye thread starter macrumors newbie

more info

The machine is running the latest version of osx 10.4. There is the one harddrive that was native and an additional installed hd. The message is "not enough disc space" nothing about HD space just disc space. It is my buddies machine that he bought for video editing but never really used to it's fullest potential but he now wants to switch entirely to Mac. It has never been connected to the internet until last nite which is another issue altogether. It downloads slower than molassis when ran thru a netgear router works just fine when connected direct. I assume the older wireless router is just maybe shot. Anyway any help is greatly appreciated.
    Thanks