Keith Olbermann: Special Comment (Nov. 1, 2006)

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Transic, Nov 1, 2006.

1. Transic macrumors member

Amazing. I'm sure the video link will be up soon.

2. zflauaus macrumors 65816

I love the Special Comments he does because he speaks the truth. If you watched this one tonight, or again at 12/11c tonight, you can see the emotion in his eyes with fury against Bush.

This I believe was the longest comment he has done so far. Props to Keith.

3. Transic thread starter macrumors member

That's why I had to post it. You could just see the passion and anger boiling inside. His best special comment yet.

4. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Indeed.

It is risky to portray any one journalist or entertainer as a standard-bearer, a beacon of light, a voice of truth. Yet if we have one person like that today, it is Keith Olbermann.

I think the fact that he models himself after Edward R. Murrow is very deliberate. I think, as he is showing us, it's also deserved.

5. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

brilliant.

how come he isn't the focus of as much vitriol as the dixie chicks get?

oh yeah, he isn't a girl.

6. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

I feel ashamed to live in a time when such strong, bold words do no good to change the status quo.

irmongoose

7. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Wow! Some agrees with me for once! :D

This is true. And with the other Cable News Stations, namely Fox News, shifting the news to make it how they want it, it's just sad that people have dropped that low. But Olbermann points out people's, namely O'Reilly's mistakes, and actually reports, ACCURATE NEWS!

BTW, Did anybody turn it over to CNN HN and Glenn Beck right after Olbermann? Yeah, first five minutes, said he wasn't going to call anybody Un-American, but made an exception for Kerry. Yes, to some extent, I think most agree believed his statement was maybe just a little over the edge, but criticizing Kerry even after he was practically made to apologize, that's just odd, if I dare to say (in Olbermann enthusiastic voice), Un-American.

8. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

This is what the media is for, nice to see that its remembered.

9. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Okay, I vented about this topic on my blog. If you don't mind my ignorance and have 5-10 minutes to spare, read my thoughts and comment back here. I look forward to comments.

10. Counterfit macrumors G3

Counterfit

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! :eek:

Go Keith! Go Keith! *cabbage patches*

11. someguy macrumors 68020

someguy

12. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

13. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Matter of fact, I did pop in to Glenn Beck's show to see what he was saying...primarily because somebody I know keeps telling me what a fair-minded guy he is.

Yeah. He spun it so much he should have "Maytag" stamped on his head.

Just another right-wing extremist jerk. And I repeat what I said elsewhere about him: Glenn Beck impresses me as the kind of dweeby guy who got beat up every day when he was in high school, and ended up turning into an obnoxious bully himself.

14. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

15. solvs macrumors 603

solvs

His viewers probably aren't country music fans, but they've tried. They don't really have anything on him either. Not that that's ever stopped them before, but probably best not to give him anymore ammunition and help to prove his point.

16. Thomas Veil macrumors 68020

Thomas Veil

Wow, that's really, really low.

I could say something nasty about The New York Post, but let's face it, no matter what I say, it'll never be a match for this famous movie line. :D

17. Mr. Durden macrumors 6502a

How is it that some people and organizations have such transparent agendas and are willing to stoop as low as it takes to get their way, yet the majority of people either do not see it or do not care, or both. Way to stand tall Mr. Olberman. More of us should have the convictions and courage to stand for them as you continue to do.