Kensington Bag w/ apple logo

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by BPK1984, May 19, 2004.

1. BPK1984 macrumors newbie

May 16, 2004
    Does anyone have this bag and want to comment? I was going to order it with my new ibook yesterday and it said it wouldn't ship for 3-4 weeks and im going out of town labor day weekend and need a bag. Any suggestions under 60$?
  2. Horrortaxi macrumors 68020

Jul 6, 2003
    Los Angeles
    I have that bag. I like it just fine. It doesn't super securely hold the computer--it will wiggle--but I'm not treating my bag like a UPS employee. No problems in over 1 year that I've had it. The bag has a lot of pockets/compartments inside, which I like. I carry a lot of cables and junk with me. It has a pocket on the outside that holds a water bottle or an iPod pretty well. I'm not sure what they intended it for.

It's a good bag for generaly duty. I wouldn't throw it around. There are better bags out there, but I haven't seen them for under $60.
  3. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Aug 9, 2000
    i use a combination of a $20 Tucano Second Skin, and a $10 Ikea Messenger Bag, and i LOVE it. it has just enough storage for what i need, and it was the cheapest solution. additionally, if i dont want to take the bag, i can keep my laptop in the sleeve, and toss it in my backpack. it really makes the most sense to me.

but then again, i'm a poor college student.
  4. krimson macrumors 65816

Oct 29, 2003
    Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    hey, i never mistreated a package when I was with UPS :mad: :)
  5. GiantsFan macrumors member

May 15, 2004
    san jose OR riverside, Cali
    It looks awesome by the pics. I ordered it on the 15th with my pb, it won't be shipped before june 8.
  6. g30ffr3y macrumors 6502a

Jul 18, 2002
    buffalo ny
    i have a kennsington messenger bag for my tibook... its black and has a black apple embossed on it... sweet... you can also use it like a backpack...

there is a compartment inside the bag thats lined with some nice smooth soft fabric/foam for the computer and the rest of it i use for my external firewire drive... theres also a zipper pocket on the outside and on the inside... the inside one i use for a mouse and the power cord...

i dont know if this is the bag you were looking at... i bought it at my local apple store for about fifty bucks...

perfectly happy...
  7. tamara6 macrumors regular

Apr 28, 2004
    Where did you get your Tucano sleeve?
  8. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Aug 9, 2000
    you know, i'm really glad that i can help you out, becuae it took me over a month to find it available in the US. (I found it available in europe all over)

go to and search for "tucano". It's a great sleeve. If you need pics, just let me know.