Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

donkoller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
Rockville, MD
I started with the Apple BT mouse & keyboard for my new G5 PowerMac dual 2.3. I bought the Kensington BT PilotMouse Mini to have 2 buttons and scroll wheel. If the Apple mouse is on, the system will not recognize the Kensington mouse. If I boot with the Apple mouse off, sometimes it will see the PilotMouse. Mostly it will not. Then I have to either plug in the USB mouse, or turn on the Apple BT mouse.
After the screen saver comes on, the Apple mouse works fine. If the PilotMouse was working, after the screen saver, it will not work. Even pressing the button on the bottom and clicking have no effect. Back then to the Apple mouse.

I've been unable to get any response from Kensington tech support.
Any ideas?

Xeem

macrumors 6502a
Feb 2, 2005
Minnesota
Did you ever figure out what was wrong? I'm looking very seriously at this mouse as a companion to a new iBook within a month or so.

donkoller

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 9, 2003
Rockville, MD
It works very well!

This mouse turns out to be great, once you figure out: whenever you want to use it after initial boot, or a "long" period of inactivity, just hold down the left-click for 5 seconds or a little more; after you hear the click, it's active again and good to go. (The first time you have to pair it, etc., like any bluetooth device.) I like the small size and rubber grips on the sides. The wheel works smoothly and easily. This mouse has two buttons and and click-wheel. Works well for me.
Also, you do not install the Kensington Mouseworks software. It doesn't work with this mouse on a Mac. Works with most other Kensington devices. Not sure what you lose without it.

Enjoy! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.