Kensington TurboRing?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Snowy_River, Jan 2, 2006.

1. Snowy_River macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Hi all,

A few years ago I had a trackball that I loved (with one minor issue), it was a Kensington Turbo Ring. However, it had to stay behind when I left the company that I was working for. Of course, the one issue that I had with it was the fact that the rollers got dirty (that was my issue with all trackballs and mice of the day). Now there's these wonderful optical trackballs, and not a one that really fills my needs. I have the Orbit, and it's great... except that it only has two buttons (*nix apps frequently expect three), and it doesn't have a practical method for scrolling. The Turbo Mouse and Expert Mouse aren't anywhere near a comfortable form factor for me.

I've looked at Logitech as well. The Marble Mouse isn't comfortable and doesn't have any scroll capabilities either. The Trackman is a thumb trackball, which I hate more that regular mice.

So, I find myself reminiscing about the TurboRing. I see that there's currently one on eBay, but could I deal with a non-optical trackball now that I've been spoiled?

Does anyone have any other suggestions that might fulfill my needs?

2. Snowy_River thread starter macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

Well, I may have found the closest thing to the TurboRing that exists in optical form. Though I hate to have the logo on my desktop, the MS Trackball Explorer may answer my needs and desires. Does anyone have any experience with this trackball?