kernal panic crash, BAD

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by winwoodb, Dec 30, 2003.

1. winwoodb macrumors newbie

Dec 30, 2003
    I have a g4 yikes/panther/500mb/old desktop. When I have any app left open doing nothing or performing a job, like burning a dvd or cd for a long period of time without any mouse clicks, the computer crashes. I get the greyed out panther 10.3.2 screen with the circle power button sign saying I have to restart. Then I lose, wasted, my 1/2 burned dvd only to start over, same thing over again.Seems mostly related to toast 6.0.1 All apps are updated to panther, including mouse. Not sure about something called application enhancer, APE, in sys prefs? Otherwise, when I am working normally, surfing, emails, typing etc. it's all fine. Any Ideas??
  2. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

May 19, 2002
    This was reported as a problem in Toast under Panther before...

Don't know what version they were using when they had the problem. :confused:

They reloaded the OS several times, and kept saying the machine was crashing. Seemed they also immediately reinstalled toast. :p

From the sound of the problem, it almost sounds like the machine is trying to use the screen saver/system sleep.

Can't remember if a Hot Corner to prevent this will work or not.
  3. idkew macrumors 68020

Sep 26, 2001
    where the concrete to dirt ratio is better
    try just running the app version of folding. the computer will not sleep, and you don't have to worry where your mouse is...

here you go
  4. winwoodb thread starter macrumors newbie

Dec 30, 2003
    have you heard?

I was emailed about something in the system startup folder may cause this. anyone else heard this? Like iLock puts something called PACE in that folder??