Kernal Panic Once a Day... send in or can I self repair?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by DVNIEL, Sep 5, 2006.

1. DVNIEL macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

Lately I've been having a bunch of kernals panics, almost to the point where it happens at least once a day. I really can't afford to be without my computer now that the new semester has started. Do I have to send this issue into Applecare, or is there something I can do on my end? Thanks guys.

2. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

More description needed. What if anything have you done so far to diagnose this problem? Have you added any RAM lately?

3. DVNIEL thread starter macrumors 6502a

DVNIEL

Yeah more detail would be nice:

About a month ago Apple had replaced several things in my computer: new hard drive, temperature sensor, fans, speaker/wrist pad bezel. But it was around that time. About 2 weeks I had reformatted my computer and reinstalled the OS. I had not installed any new RAM lately, I had a 512MB put in a week after I purchased this, which was in April.

I'm doing just any regular old task and then all of a sudden I get the slow fading of the screen, then the "computer must shut down" screen.

4. IJ Reilly macrumors P6

IJ Reilly

Given the history, I'd have Apple look at it again. What was the problem the first time?