kernal panic powerbook g4

Discussion in 'PowerPC Macs' started by plumosa, Jun 12, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

plumosa

I have a 12 inch powerbook g4, 1.33 ghz, 60 gb hdd, running 10.4.11

I ran apple v and right before the panic: we are hanging here is this:

Darwin Kernal Version 8.11.0: Wed Oct 10 18:26:00 PDT 2007, root:znu-792.24.17 (squiggle) 1/RELEASE PPC

The biggest problem about getting anything fixed is that I am currently in Hungary and have no access to my 10.4 disc or any apple facilities (I am not in Budapest)

The kernal panic is happening as soon as I start up the computer. I did manage to get it to go through once and when it did, the airport wireless was missing. I do not know if this is related.

please help I have an alternative computer at the school I am staying at, but in a week I will be traveling alone without access and I really need to be able to contact hosts (I am couch surfing)

thanks
    -megan

2. macrumors 68000

iToaster

I have a similar problem on my PowerBook G4... it likes to kernel panic a lot when it boots and freeze when it wakes from sleep. The closest way I've come to solving it is to reset the PMU (hold down the power button until the computer makes a loud noise and the sleep light flashes).

3. thread starter macrumors regular

plumosa

4. macrumors 6502a

misterredman

You model doesn't have the small port for the airport cart in the battery compartment, right? I have read some owner resolved the problem by re-sitting the card but if it's built in it may be a long job to do.